Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    indianajonesa Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2008, 10:39 PM
    Assuming The IP address
    Hi Friends,
    I have been working on two server configuration. In this if the primary server is down, the secondary sever should take the Primary IP address as its IP address, so that the requst to the server is managed by the secondary server.. . For this I want to know how to assume the IP address... Any suggestions will be appreciated...
    Thanks
    Jones
    zxed Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2009, 01:21 PM

Is this a web server? With a domain name forwarding requests to the server?
    zxed Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2009, 01:22 PM
    If its not for web hosting purposes. you may want to look at failover clusters

Microsoft Cluster Server - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    RTdammer Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2009, 11:22 AM

That or DNS failover.
    RevBarker Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2009, 08:53 AM

I found this hopefully this will help you and get you a better idea of a good fail over solution.

Geographically Redundant Hosted DNS

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Assuming debt [ 3 Answers ]

Can you assume someone else's debt

Spouses assuming debt in PA [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I live in PA and I was wondering if my fiancé has a judgement and we get married prior to it being paid off will I have to assume that debt or will they be able to claim "my stuff" i.e. cars, bank accounts, etc. We do not have a joint account and do not plan to get one anytime soon! We are...

I'm assuming television show [ 1 Answers ]

All right, probably around the time I was 3-4 (early 80s) I remember seeing on Television, this non animated kids show (?). What I can remember from the show. -Characters that look like puppets, but playe dby actual people. They were all decked out with clown looking make up, things like that....

Assuming responsibility [ 6 Answers ]

HI! After have read quite a few entries on different topics here, I decided that we could all benefit a debate about responsibility- ONE of the important keys to healthy relationships. I decided to open it today, after one of Wildcat's inputs, where she assumed relationships concerning one of...

View more questions Search