Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hartski54 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2006, 02:56 PM
    Very Aggressive Dog
    Hello:
    :confused: On June 2, 2006, I and my wife purchased (Gizmo/He) a German Sheppard from a Dog obedience Training Facility. The dog was trained for protection for another family and after they had the dog for about 2 or 3 months the dog had bitten one of their kid's friends. They return the dog back to the Obedience center were they purchased and had him trained and left him there (I guess that they didn't realize that the dog was only doing what he was trained to do). When we were introduced to the dog he did not appear to be all that aggressive at all (actually he is very loving towards me and my wife both). After buying him and taking him home he started showing his aggression. Again, very good with me and my wife very loving. We have tried to introduce him to are Children and Grandchildren with no success at all. He is very aggressive towards them and anyone at all that should come around. Of course we Muzzle him to protect everyone but we don't understand why he would be so aggressive for no reason at all. Know one is making any sudden moves they do not look him directly in the eyes. We even took him to our Daughters home to meet our family thinking that he would not be so aggressive away from his home but that did no good either. We had our kids feed him treats and as long as they were giving him treats he was OK but as soon as they stopped he became aggressive again. And I have no doubt that he would bite for no reason at all. We are going to have him neutered to see if that will help with his aggression at all. But we would appreciate any help that you may be able to give us. We really do not want to put him down but are afraid that we may have too.
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Jul 10, 2006, 09:39 AM
    If a dog is aggressive before you have him altered, he will still be aggressive after he has been altered. I would speak to the establishment were he was purchased him from, and your personal veterinarian but, I have worked with rescue animals for a long time, and from what you are saying it is safe to say, your dog would not pass a temperament test that would allow it to go to a home with small children. Which means that the place you have purchased him from never ever should have sold him to you.
    Stormy69 Posts: 290, Reputation: 98

Jul 10, 2006, 09:48 PM
    Please please for the safety of your kids, grandkids, neighbors kids, any kid that will EVER come into contact with this dog, Please for the love of Dog, put him down. He already has a bite history and should not still be here, Once a dog bites a child, it is an instant death sentence, or should be if anyone is in their right mind.. Signs of aggression are just exactly that, Signs, warning signs.. " this time I growl, next time I take off half of your child's face."
    My next door neighbor had a german shepherd, when I was young, that dog was my best friend, I played with him every day after school, brushed him, and fed him treats, sadly he was kept tied to a chain, every now and then he would let out a growl.One day for no reason he attacked me, his upper canine tooth hooked my left eye and pulled my eye from it's socket. When the neighbor lady came running toward my screams, the dog turned on her like Cujo, knocking her to the ground and pinning her there by the throat. She was almost killed and I almost lost my eyesight because they did not heed the warning of a few growls.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My dog is aggressive [ 3 Answers ]

My dog is aggressive towards children, how do I stop him?:confused:

Aggressive daschund [ 4 Answers ]

I recently adopted a 2 year old mini daschund. He is so lovable to me and my family. The problem is he gets very aggressive with strangers. He has even bitten a few of our friends. Does anyone have any ideas how to break him of this behavior.

View more questions Search