Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cjme8n Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2008, 03:14 PM
    Neighborhood Parking Laws
    I live in Denver Colorado, and I live at the end of a street with a no parking sign placed at the very end. Since my driveway is off to the side at the very end of the street, I assume the no parking sign is to protect my cars from being blocked. However, is is legal to block myself in, with another one of my cars, by parking in this alleged no parking zone? Or is there a way to remove this sign because it is for my protection and I don't want it. My neighbor is insane and cannot get this through his head so he calls the cops at every opportunity. I know I would be doing the cops a service, because they are tired of his phone calls and usually side with me.

Thanks,
    Chris
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 14, 2008, 03:28 PM

Sorry a No Parking sign means NO parking. Just because its your driveway gives you no right to park there.

Generally a No Parking sign placed at the end of a street means no parking between the sign and the corner. This is usually done to protect sight lines so drivers can see cars coming along the cross street. Its NOT to protect a driveway, since its already illegal to block an active driveway. Sepending on how your laws are worded, it may even be illegal for you to block your own driveway.

You can try petitioning the city to remove the No parking sign, but I doubt if they will since its probably there to prevent accidents.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 14, 2008, 04:42 PM

The sign is placed there to stop people from parking there, blocking a drive way is illegal without the no parking sign,

So no it is not legal for you to park there. If you do, they can ticket or tow you also.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2008, 02:29 PM

You could face arrest if you removed the No Parking sign.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting a juvenile sex offender out of neighborhood [ 6 Answers ]

Our 5 year old grandson and another 5 year old boy in the same neighborhood, were sexually molested, repeatedly, by a 9 year old boy that lives across the street. Because of his age, he evidently cannot be charged with a crime (in OH). How can this family be legally "encouraged" to leave the...

Checking out the neighborhood [ 2 Answers ]

We are going to buy a house My question Is How I now the security Of the area if it is safe or not? There's any link or website that can I use to check ?

What a neighborhood [ 1 Answers ]

Devotion Dave went on a business trip for a few days. When he returned, his wife reported that the dog really missed him. "She spent every night at the front door, waiting for you to come home," she said. "What an example of devotion," Dave replied. "I wonder if you'd be that concerned...

View more questions Search