Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xdell2003x Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2008, 02:02 PM
    Kohler 3 knob shower faucet keeps turning and turning on the hot water.
    I have a 3 knob Kohler shower faucet in my bathroom. The hot water keeps turning and turning and doesn't stop. The water does turn on and off but it also keeps dripping. I have to play with it in order to prevent it from dripping as much as possible. How can I fix this? It is an older type Kohler that is really hard to find. Can anyone help?
    Attached Images

afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2008, 02:17 PM

Remove the stem and replace the washer, see the images, good luck.

John
    Attached Images

Dec 14, 2008, 02:29 PM

I replaced the round washer that is held by the philips screw, but it still keeps turning. What else can be wrong? Thank you for your quick response John.
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2008, 02:33 PM

Remove the othere stem and try it on this one if it work then you need to replace the stem, Thanks.

John

Dec 14, 2008, 02:38 PM

Thank you John, but are there any other washers that I can replace? What would cause it to just keep turning and turning?
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2008, 02:45 PM

Try the stem first with out the nut see if sets inside then install the nut see what happens, some time the stem would not go insde the faucet.
    ubg11183 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2011, 09:41 AM
    Hot water knob will not cut water in or off
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2011, 04:48 PM

Hello Ubg,

This is almost 3 years old post please start a new one that it will have more visibilty and some one will respond to you, to answer your question you need to shut the water to the shower, remove the hot side stem check the washer and the seat inside the valve you may need to replace both, see the image below, Thanks.
    Attached Images

Larraine Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2014, 05:43 PM
    Please help! I badly need the shower diverter stem for a set just like this. Would be thrilled to purchase an old one in usable condition.
    [email protected]
    Smiley Smith Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2016, 05:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Larraine View Post
    Please help! I badly need the shower diverter stem for a set just like this. Would be thrilled to purchase an old one in usable condition.
    [email protected]
    If you go to plumbing supply house, they'll hook you up with a new one for less than 60 bucks. Show them picture of yours. An old nice one will just do the same thing to you in near future.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2016, 06:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiley Smith View Post
    If you go to plumbing supply house, they'll hook you up with a new one for less than 60 bucks. Show them picture of yours. An old nice one will just do the same thing to you in near future.
    Please note that the reply you posted was for a question originally posted in 2014.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 23, 2016, 07:22 PM
    ... if not 2008
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2016, 07:42 PM
    #$&*@????

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My shower faucet keeps turning and turning. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, my shower faucet has to be almost entirely turned around before it comes on. This just happened today. . Only the cold water.. is that a bad valve er something? Thank you in advance:(

When turning on faucet in the bathroom pipes pop! [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a house built in 1975 on a slab and when turning on the water in bathroom the pipes makes a popping sound! Also when I flush my toilet I heard a bubbling sound in the bathtub!:confused: :confused:

Reduced pressure after turning on faucet [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to figure out why I have reduced pressure from my kitchen sink faucet. Initially, when I turn on the faucet, either hot or cold, the pressure is good for about two seconds, after that it reduces by approximately half. I have replaced the seat and springs but that only eliminated a drip....

Roper dryer not heating and settings knob not turning [ 1 Answers ]

I have a roper dryer and it has stopped drying. I have taken the back off and tested the continuity on the element and on the 2 thermostats on the element housing and they all have continuity. I have noticed that when I run the dryer that the settings knob does not turn it stays in the same spot ...

Turning off water for faucet replacement [ 4 Answers ]

My husband attempted the rather easy job of replacing a kitchen faucet. After turning off water supply, water continues to dribble out of faucet.. He says there some problem in turn off valve. How does he replace valve if water is running out of the faucet? We DO have a well for water supply.

View more questions Search