Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maozlev Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2008, 11:08 AM
    Who do I report a fraud related to identity Theft and visa lottery
    I receivd an email from people who pretend to be the Immigration and Naturalization Department and stated I won the green card and need to send them x amount of money.. +request my info. It may be identity theft in addition to simple theft.
    Please let me know who to report this to.
    Thans
    candygirlfloss Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2008, 11:11 AM
    The police.

It is a serious crime. You must report it to the police. They are the best authority to go by.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 14, 2008, 11:14 AM
    Simply delete the e-mail
    There are so many of this type of Scam about that police are deluged with them and there is little they can do about it.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2008, 07:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by maozlev View Post
    I receivd an email from people who pretend to be the Immigration and Naturalization Department and stated I won the green card and need to send them x amount of money.. +request my info. it may be identity theft in addition to simple theft.
    Please let me know who to report this to.
    Thans

Forward it to your Internet carrier, delete it, move on. I have no idea if anyone even reads the "spam" stuff once it's forwarded but I always figure it's worth the try.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 14, 2008, 07:33 PM

I get about 12 fraud emails a day, lottery, loans, won a million dollars and more.

You delete them and go on.

Or as noted you can report it to the email carrier.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Identity theft [ 2 Answers ]

I currently had a friend of mine fill out my fafsa for student aid. Well we currently are not in good standings and she is now using my social security and other information against me by messing up all my fafsa and student aid transcripts. There is basically no way to stop this because I have...

Identity Theft? [ 3 Answers ]

I live in New Jersey and went to file for Welfare to get medical assistance to get surgery on my knee since I went to the hospital and they think tore my ACL,PCL and meniscis. I have no insurance so I needed Medicaid. The In-take Worker told me that someone else was using my Social Security Number...

Identity theft [ 3 Answers ]

What happens when someone steals your social security number to work in the US legally? The reason I'm asking is because someone did that to me a couple of years ago. I had gone to apply for unemployment due to a job lay off and while I was giving them my personal information, that's when I found...

Identity theft protection act. [ 2 Answers ]

The Identity Theft Protection Act of ____ requires businesses to secure sensitive data physically and technologically and to notify consumers nationwide when such data is compromised. a.2003 b.2004 c.2005 d.2006 I have already tried Google searching and could not find the answer.

Identity Theft [ 6 Answers ]

I have recently been working with PickWinnersOnline.org. I am very concerned because I have "won" the lottery and now they are asking for banking information to wire transfer the funds into my bank account. All the documentation which they have sent seems OK, however, identitly theft and scams...

View more questions Search