Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    etworks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2008, 10:54 AM
    Genie pro 88 garage opener won't open completely and won't close
    I have screw type genie pro88 model.It does not have sensors mounted at each side of the door.The door only open half then the door stopped (I have to hold the opener's bottom all the time).If I press the bottom again, the door go down couple inches then go forward couple inches. If I press it again, it still go back and forth automatically.Ends up the door is still at the halfway open position. I check the carriage. It is still in good condition. No worn out sign.
    Is it possible the control p.c. board relay goes bad?
    Any body can help me? Thank you very much!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 16, 2008, 05:37 PM

Pull the disconnect and see how easily you can open/close the door by hand. Ut should not take more than 25 lbs of pressure either way, could be your springs have slipped or are out of adjustment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Old Genie Garage Door Opener - Gear and Sprocket [ 4 Answers ]

We have an old genie model SP99 garage door opener. The motor stills works, the plastic gear still turns but the door will not open or close without assistance. Could the chain sprocket 'slip' when the gear is turning? When giving assistance the chain does move down the track like normal to it's...

Garage door wiil close but not open [ 2 Answers ]

Our garage door challenger photo sense model p1534 will close with switch but will not open what's wrong?

Garage door will close but not open with wall switch [ 3 Answers ]

Our garage door is a challenger photo sense model p1534. It will close with the wall switch but will not open and the light blicks on and off, nothing is blocking the sensors is there a reset buttom for th sensor our the whole unit. We can figure out why will it close but would not open.. HELP!

How do I sync the keyless pad garage door opener to the main garage door opener? [ 3 Answers ]

I mistakenly gave someone my garage door opener that didn't return it. I had a male friend come over and "change the code" including my car opener and gave me a universial which he also programmed. I came to realize my code for my keyless pad outside doesn't work (since he changed the code... )....

View more questions Search