Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Dec 17, 2008, 12:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    Here is the link that the OP has requested regaurding 109.70 - 72

Relating to paternity; amending ORS 109.070.
    Look above-Scott has already posted the link.
    spershing Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Dec 17, 2008, 05:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by GV70 View Post
    Look above-Scott has already posted the link.
    Thank you I have looked at the link.
    briarbear Posts: 1, Reputation: -1

Jun 4, 2012, 08:43 PM
    Are you nuts!? How can you say the bio dad is out? He can petition the courts for all the rights he wants and deserves being the child's father. Simply because he is not on the because does not preclude him from his fatherly rights under California law. I prepare custody modifications, motions all day long. I know. I also have a child whose father is not on the because, He has just as much rights as he would whether he is on her because or not. Both parents have rights. It is not easy to diminish a person's rights. You cannot even get a person to sign their rights away in Cal unless you have another person willing to adopt the child. Courts prefer both parents in their childrens' lives.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 5, 2012, 03:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by briarbear View Post
    How can you say the bio dad is out? He can petition the courts for all the rights he wants and deserves being the child's father. Simply because he is not on the bc does not preclude him from his fatherly rights under California law.
    If you, in fact prepare "custody modifications, motions all day long" then you should know that laws differ by area. The OP is not in California but in Oregon. The specific law in OR was cited earlier in the thread.

You are new here but before you start posting (and insulting people) you should take some time to see how this site operates. Normally I would just have removed your posts since they were posted to a thread more than 3 years old. Please check dates before posting. Also you should check the whole thread before posting. Maybe you didn't get as far as the specific cites before posting your incorrect advice. We pride ourselves on the accuracy of the advice given here so please be careful about checking your facts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get my ex out of my sons life [ 7 Answers ]

Ok, I know it sounds harsh, but please understand. I was married to my ex for almost 2 years in NC. He was verbally and some physically abusive to me. He beat and killed my first cat, and then started beating on the second. I left him when I was 10 weeks pregnant, and of course he knew. He...

My sons father is everything BUT that. [ 1 Answers ]

My son is 9 months old and I decided before he was born not to be with his father. He was there for the birth and spent the first 2-3 weeks coming to visit our son about 2 times a week. Then it started getting less and less and to this date he has only seen him about 15-20 times. He told me he...

My sons father [ 1 Answers ]

My sons dad wrote me a better nasty note and left in in his diaper bag when I picked him up from his house last weekend. It said that he doesn't want my our son anymore because he doesn't like seeing me. He doesn't care about my son, he doesn't think what this is going to do to him. Now he says...

How Can I Get My Sons Father To Give Up His Rights [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Im a 20 year old mother to my almost 2 year old son. me and his father where together for almost 2 years before we finally ended it. i went throught sooo much with his father n i can't get it out of my head. Now im going through this rough time because his fahter keeps getting introuble...

Custody of my son, Father is present in sons life [ 16 Answers ]

Ok me and baby's father are not and have never been married, we both live in NC. He is present in my child's life but has a drug addiction. He keeps my son several nights a week but here lately me and my sons father have been arguing a lot. He has threatened to take my son away and not give him...

View more questions Search