Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Afross Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2008, 01:07 AM
    Difference B/w P&L and P&L Adjustment Account
    What is the difference between P&L and P&L adjustment account? Is P&l Adjustment Account and P&L appropriation Account is Same is same? Thanks in advance.:confused:
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2008, 03:09 AM
    There are three stages:-

Profit and Loss Account first stage. What is termed to be first closure.

Profit and Loss Adjustment Account second stage .
    Here one incorporates the adjustments at balance date that are needed
    To sophisticate the first closure.
    These are called Balance Date Adjustments.
    Accruals come into play here.

Profit and Loss Appropriation Account.
    This is the third and final closure.
    When the second tier is closed.
    Decisions are made as to how the distribution takes place.
    Some profit can be distributed, the balance is carried forward in the Balance Sheet.

Rolcam
    akshay aggarwal Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2010, 12:20 PM
    p&l adjustment is an a/c prepared to rectify the errors found when the books of that year has been closed,i.e. errors are identified in next year or later

For eg---sales book overcast by rs 2000 &error identify next year, now if we debit sales then our present year profit will be undercasted ,thus in order to avoid this problem we open p&l adjustment a/c & debit or credit it instead of all NOMINAL A/Cs. i.e. in this case our entry will be
    p&l adjustment a/c Dr. 2000
    To suspense a/c 2000

akshay aggarwal
    [email protected]

p&l adjustment is an a/c prepared to rectify the errors found when the books of that year has been closed,i.e. errors are identified in next year or later

For eg---sales book overcast by rs 2000 &error identify next year, now if we debit sales then our present year profit will be undercasted ,thus in order to avoid this problem we open p&l adjustment a/c & debit or credit it instead of all NOMINAL A/Cs. i.e. in this case our entry will be
    To suspense a/c 2000

akshay aggarwal
    [email protected]

To suspense a/c 2000

akshay aggarwal
    [email protected]
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2010, 12:26 AM

Please watch out for the dates on posts. The search tends to drag up old stuff. There is not enough activity on this forum that you cannot find even stuff a week old within the last 3-4 pages.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Adjustment for shower [ 2 Answers ]

I have a moen single faucet in both showers the water does not get very hot how do you adjust them Thanks BD.

Asset account and its contra account balance is called? [ 2 Answers ]

I was unable to fined the answer to this question in my learning material. Thank you in advance for any help with this question.:)

Bank account seized. Received nationwide checks for claim (in account) can these be e [ 2 Answers ]

Small claims ct. seized bank account. Want to vacate nationwide claim checks for house repair from storm and vandalizim (can these be exempt funds?)

Bank Account Levy, joint account [ 1 Answers ]

Today, a levy was placed on the joint account of myself and my wife, for a debt she had from a credit card company. Once I found out, I called her and had her call the lawyer, who then told her to dispute it, she would have to send a certified letter to the court, as well as the plaintiff, as to...

Ge icemaker adjustment [ 1 Answers ]

How do I adjust my icemaker in my side by side GE... hardly makes any ice

View more questions Search