Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bimmeraddict Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2008, 12:43 AM
    Electric furnace runs in "on" only?
    I'm not to familiar with electric furnaces however I'm pretty capable, mechanically.

My mother has a Bryant Product# 961an0042015fa Model# 961-042-015-A serial#20052333

The problem is the thing works a little while and then quits. When I say works I mean in the auto mode with a set temp on the thermostat. I guess I should detail I got it to work after replacing a 30a fuse and she just called me and said its dead again... but will work in the on position?.

I can get it to run fulltime in the ON position w/o any probs.

Does anybody have any clues as to what to look at or what to do.

I know the best thing is to call someone however times aren't too good right now and with the added costs of the holiday, I would like to be able to help her out if possible.

I appreciate any and all help you can lend me. Take Care... Kris

Dec 14, 2008, 01:19 AM

Is this a sign of a bad heat sequencer?

Anybody have site where I view some info on this model so I know and where stuff is?
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2008, 09:47 AM

What you are describing sounds like a faulty sequencer indeed. By setting the t-stat fan selector to on the blower will run continuously. If the heat works in this fashion it will buy you time to replace the sequencer.

Dec 14, 2008, 11:34 AM

Thanks, I'll try to locate one in the area...

Does anybody know where the best place is to get these things? Generally speaking...
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2008, 12:15 PM

Any hvac shop or wholesaler should have a universal part otherwise,find you're nearest bryant dealer.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 14, 2008, 02:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacservicetech_07 View Post
    Any hvac shop or wholesaler should have a universal part otherwise,find you're nearest bryant dealer.

Mark the wiring as to where it comes from before removal. Here is a photo for testing purposes.
    Attached Images

Dec 15, 2008, 02:40 PM
    Thanks Fellows,

I replaced the heat sequencher and she now has heat on Auto!. It seems to be running great now...

The part was like $38 and I bought at a HVAC location.

I appreciate the help... everybody have a great Christmas...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Intertherm Electric Furnace Blower works in "on" not in "auto" [ 6 Answers ]

I have an Intertherm Electric Furnace E2EB-015AH. I came home from work last night, turned the heat on and it didn't work as advertised. I could hear the relays clicking occasionally so I investigated a little and found the elements are heating up and cycling, the relay inside the thermostat cycles...

"clicking noise in pipes when shower runs" [ 2 Answers ]

Every time one of our upstairs showers runs, there is a "clicking" noise that is heard from the pipes below. The "clicking" continues the entire length of the shower, and for a few minutes after showering is complete. You can't hear the clicking if you're the one showering, only if you are...

"State Select" electric water heater [ 1 Answers ]

I have a "State Select" electric water heater that shuts off just about everyday now and it didn't start doing it until the weather started to cool off. Not sure if the weather and the heater shutting of are related. It's just a matter of pushing the red reset button to get it going again. Is this...

Blower runs on "ON", but not on "Auto" [ 3 Answers ]

Hello All, I have a Goodman COMBINATION HEATING AND COOLING OUTDOOR UNITS PG/PGX SERIES (100K BTU). It failed to warm the space. The fan would not run on “ON” or “Auto” mode. Upon investigating, there is no power to the unit due to 25 amps fuses blown. Replaced with new fuses. Power was...

View more questions Search