Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vango Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2006, 08:26 AM
    Lawn Mower Replacement cord
    How can I attach a replacement pull cord on a Murray push mower?
    shunned Posts: 268, Reputation: 20

Jul 9, 2006, 08:36 PM
    I think you have to replace the whole black round steel cartridge that the cord wraps itself around, and it's about 23 bucks.
    Three screws to remove.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2006, 11:45 PM
    Tecumseh or briggs? Either way its cheaper to do yourself, usually you take the shroud off, and either bend the tabs or remove the retainer holding the recoil pulley in, and pull it out (it'll unspring the spring) and put the cord on (burn the ends to a point helps) and wrap it around and tape it on at the end, rewind the coil and put it back in, carefully hook the coil to the pulley, and put the retainer or tabs back down, and pull the rope out and tie it in the handle.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2008, 04:35 PM
    Remove the blower housing, then the old rope. You will need approx. 7 to 7 1/2 feet if the pull handle is on the handle bar. Then rewind the spring with the entire blower housing intact, hold the pulley firmly, insert one end of rope, and tie a knot in the end after it is through the blower housing and pulley. Tie another knot in the other end, release the rope, it should pull the rope into the housing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman lawn mower [ 1 Answers ]

My father has purchased an old lawn mower for restoration. The model # is 1318430. He thinks it is a Craftsman. Anyone know where to find a picture or details.

Lawn mower help [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 18.5 poulan pro 42" 2 years old. It will start but no matter what I do it kills, like hitting the kill switch. If I let out the clutch, even in neutral it kills. Engage blades or anything it kills. And the weirdest thing is that the kill switch in the seat doesn't kill it. I really...

Looking for new lawn mower deck [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1993 Sears Craftman riding lawn mower 43" "Steering Machine". I need a new mower deck. Sears does not support after the mower is 10 years old. AYP made the original deck but they don't offer. Seems part of the issue is 43". The tractor is in great shape just need a new deck. Any...

Broken lawn mower cord [ 4 Answers ]

I own a murray lawnmower with a briggs and stratton motor. The problem is my dogs chewed through the cord on it so I have to take apart the engine to fix it. Will I have to drain the fluids and how would I do that. I tried to get maintenance tips forn their website but there is nothing about...

View more questions Search