Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pullerwife Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2008, 07:35 PM
    Bank has called in my car loan?
    I received a letter today that the bank has called in my car loan and VISA card within the next 13 days. My husband lost his job several months ago, and I have made the car payment, but they have been late each month. I wasn't able to make the VISA payment too; and played phone tag with reps. From the bank. I believe because of the VISA not being paid they have decided to call in both loans. Will the bank be willing to work with me on changing the date that payments are due and attempt to repay the credit card balance? I have started a second job to help get back on track. Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 13, 2008, 07:49 PM

I have moved your post from the forum help areea ( which is for posts about how to use this forum) to a area for debt.

I know it is hard when you are new, but please try and pick the right area to post. IF not you may not get any answers.

All you can do is contact them and try, I don't understand them calling in the car loan that has nothing to do with the credit card, unless it is some agreement you have with them
    Bimmeraddict Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2008, 12:07 PM
    I would say if there is some consistancy to the date your paying each month even though its late. They should be willing to work with you on changing the date or agree to accept that day and waive the late charge. If you have a reason this continues to occur each month its even better. The two are not in anyway attached to each other, you have an agreement at a certain interest rate and a certain term for each loan, right? I would call them and talk with someone of authority, have them explain how they can take your car if your visa isn't paid or vice versa?. be nice though and listen, then explain what may work better for the both of you in hopes of getting some peace... Good Luck..

Always remember you attract more bees with honey...

Meaning be nice and listen to what they have to say then calmly explain your situation..

Before calling them go over your situation in your head and see if it makes sense to you... if there are holes in the story a good collector will find them... so just tell the truth and they won't think your trying get over on them... theyll be a lot more willing to help you with whatever tools they may have...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Contacting CEO of the bank for a loan [ 5 Answers ]

So, here is the story. I've applied for a loan three times before. First time I was denied because I had unknown debts on my history. I paid those off. I applied again, I got denied because I had insufficient credit, third time I came with a co-signer. And they decided that my co-signer was...

Co-signing on a bank loan [ 2 Answers ]

My question is, a couple of years ago, we co-signed a bank loan for a family member. Everything was going well for a while, while the family member paid on the loan, a couple of times they were late paying, and we got notices saying such. It has been at least 2 years now since we got any...

Can a bank draft be cancelled by a bank if the purchaser is in default on a loan? [ 1 Answers ]

I had recently purchased a bank draft from a bank to which I owe a large sum of money. I'am overdue on the minimum payment and the bank has started to make noises about taking legal action. Due to some reason the recipient has not deposited the bank draft yet. Can the bank legally cancel the...

Bank loan [ 3 Answers ]

My loan officer is threating me because my insurance was cancelled then after that I got in an accident now he is going to call the cops can he do that

View more questions Search