Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    howardarnold Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2008, 05:41 PM
    Armstrong Ultra sx 80, pilot light lit, but burner does not light
    Armstrong Ultra sx 80, pilot light lit, but heater doesn't turn on
    hixton Posts: 146, Reputation: 5

Dec 13, 2008, 06:09 PM

Try cleaning the sensor that's the rod in the flame if that doesn't work you may need a tech to look at it .
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2008, 06:30 PM

If it has a thermo-couple, try replacing that, if it does not have one, I have no clue.
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Dec 13, 2008, 10:50 PM

Is this a standing pilot?
    If the pilot remains lit then your thermocouple is probably fine. If it were bad then your unit wouldn't hold a pilot. Is the valve in the "ON" position?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2008, 11:01 PM

Is there power (24 volts) going to the gas valve at the time it should be opening up to send gas to the burners ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Armstrong ultra sx 80 furnace no pilot light [ 3 Answers ]

We've had a problem the last 2 winters with our furnace, always fixed but last night the furnace stopped working. We checked and there was no pilot light. Actually in this model we don't even know where we would light it. Someone told me it might be the thermo couple but I am in need of another...

Gas Fireplace main burner will not light, pilot is fine [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all. I've got my pilot to light no problem. Then I turn gas knob to "on" as per instructions. I "adjust" switch on thermostat on wall only to hear clicking noise coming from inside panel of fireplace but the main burner doesn't light (like it used to last winter). I believe it's the main...

Carrier Gas Furnace will not light pilot and burner [ 3 Answers ]

My Carrier Gas Furnace Model#58GS will not light pilot/burner when turned on. I can hear and see the spark but it does not light up. It appears that no gas is coming through even though the control knob and manual shut off valve are turned on. I also cannot smell gas. Since it was easy, I...

Gas Water Heater burner/pilot light . [ 1 Answers ]

Hey there, It has been a wild week. I had to travel 2 hours to a hospital because they thought my grandfather had an anyerism. Luckily he is still in the hospital but OK. But when I got home I had no hot water. Check and pilot light was out. Relit pilot OK. Turned thermostat knob up, burner...

Armstrong Ultra sx 80, pilot light lit, but heater doesn't turn on [ 4 Answers ]

We have a propane heater. We have propane in the tank. There is air blowing through the vents, but there is no heat. Usually, there is a clicking sound in the thermostat, a whumph sound in the heater and the heat comes on. Now there is no clicking sound and no whumph. Consequently, no heat. ...

View more questions Search