Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Dec 17, 2008, 08:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by maiden usa View Post
    I had another heating company come out today, and within 15 minutes they found and fixed the problem. There is a fuse by a switch on the ceiling, he said it was loose and the tip burned. He put in a new switch fuse combo and turned the gas switch back on (the one the other guy turned off) and it's working great now. Thanks to all of you experts who took the time to try and help me. I might have been robbed if not for the supportive feedback.
    I would call the first company and demand your money back. There is no excuse for that. Inform them of what their tech told you and then inform them of the ridiculously simple fix that the second company did. They were trying to screw you and get you to buy a brand new unit. That's crooked in my book. If they do not refund at least 1/2 of your money then I would inform them that you will report them to the better business bureau.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 18, 2008, 04:34 PM

Its guys like this that give the rest of us a bad name. Glad you called in a different tech instead of taking the first guys advice. I would also call first company, explain what happened, and hopefully they take enough pride in their business to give you your money back, plus make sure the tech either gets more training before working on furnaces, or gets sent down the road to a new job. Maybe he would make a good furnace salesman. All you need to do is act like you know how they work, then sell some, and let somebody else worry about working on them.

Overall, I'm just glad you got it fixed. Take care and stay warm.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Aux Heat stays on on Robertshaw 9620 controlled heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

The batteries died on one of the 3 Rbtshaw 9620s on my heat pump system. When I changed them the unit would not program, so I reset it to factory settings. Now it is programmable, but the zone it controla does not respond, and the AUX electric heat stays on. Anyone know what's up? Had to throw...

NO HEAT! Janitrol heat pump and AC system. Changing to Lux Thermostat. Wiring issue. [ 11 Answers ]

I have a Janitrol A/C and heat pump system. I replaced the thermostat with a Lux T9000LC The A/C works fine, but the heater does not. I have it wired as follows: G - Green Y - Yellow W - White RH - Pink B -

Hunter 44155C Wiring - A/C turns on during heat cycle or heat will not shut off [ 0 Answers ]

Trying this again with the correct thermostat specs. Sorry, guys! It's a Hunter 44155C and the wires I have going into it are: White - W/B Red - Rh Green - G Yellow - Y1 Jumper from Rh-Rc

Advantages of converting from propane heat to electric heat for home use [ 1 Answers ]

When is it an advantage to convert from propane heat to electric heat in a residential home? Also could you give me a rough idea of what it costs to make this transition? Thank you. :confused:

View more questions Search