Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    klstevenson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2008, 12:54 PM
    Security Clearance
    I have been accused of second degree assault twice by my spouse and I am up for my first hearing on the 16 Dec 08. My concern is that being in the military requires that you maintain your security clearance. With this accusation on my record will it cause me to lose my clearance? If I accept a plea (i.e.) anger management course and/or one year probation, how will that affect me? Will this be the end of my military career? Should I accept a deal? Does an alleged charge with no conviction causes you lose your clearance?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2008, 02:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by klstevenson View Post
    I have been accused of second degree assault twice by my spouse and i am up for my first hearing on the 16 Dec 08. My concern is that being in the military requires that you maintain your security clearance. With this accusation on my record will it cause me to lose my clearance? If I accept a plea (i.e.) anger management course and/or one year probation, how will that affect me? Will this be the end of my military career? Should i accept a deal? Does an alleged charge with no conviction causes you lose your clearance?

In my area second degree assault is a felony so, yes, it will affect your security clearance. I'm surprised with two charges involving a spouse you have been offered a plea deal.

I would definitely not go into this without an Attorney. Doesn't the Military provide one?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2008, 09:13 AM
    [QUOTE=Comments on this post
    klstevenson agrees: this is a not clear answereQUOTE]

Okay - I'll say it again.

"In my area second degree assault is a felony so, yes, it will affect your security clearance. I'm surprised with two charges involving a spouse you have been offered a plea deal."

Yes, you will lose your security clearance for domestic assault times two, both felonies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Security Clearance [ 2 Answers ]

I have had my final interview for my clearance in Aug 1st. How can I find out when will I be getting my clearance? Who should I contact? Any answer? Thank you very much.

I did the same mistake and my situation is like you, $75 ticket from police and $487.98 from the store and I did paid both of them but my question is: does it show on my Security Clearance? I had an interview with a government agency and they asked my authorization to check my Security Clearance ...

Security Clearance Issues [ 5 Answers ]

Ok I am a college student in engineering. I have two jobs lined up right now, one for the summer and then one starting in the spring, both of which require security clearances. Here's the issue. Last November I shoplifted and was caught, and charged with a class C misdemeanor. I went to court and...

To Whom It May Concern, A few years ago I went to jail for petty theft. However, I did community service so that it would not show on my record, which turned my case to disturbance of the peace. In addition, a year later I filled a motion to terminate my probation early and to obtain...

My security clearance? [ 24 Answers ]

Hello, I am the one that poilice gave me ticket "OFFENCE NOTICE", Municipality ottawa, and the part of "are request to appear in court"in the ticket is empty, + from the mall security, they gave me a notice of "PROHIBITING ENTRY" TRESPASS TO PROPERTY ACT for one year. I have not received any...

View more questions Search