Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ironsheik7 Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Dec 13, 2008, 11:17 AM
    Signs in the sky
    Of late there has been some strange things going on in the sky . One was when the two planets jupiter and venus moved close to the moon to form what looked like a triangle it was visible by probably the whole world. I saw this myself outside it was amazing to look at. If you missed this Google it .it happened can't remember the night exactly probably around December 2nd maybe .

Last night December 12th the moon was closer to earth than it has been in so many what ever years according to the news a releative told me . I went out and looked at it it didn't look any different to me . Then I went out later that night again and noticed the moon changed it was very bright the sky was lit up like an early morning and there was a big . I'm not sure how to describe this but there was like a big circle opening where the clouds were pushed away from the moon. And a rainbow colored glow came from around the moon . I must say this even beat the moon and two planets alighnment hands down as far as a site to see.

According to an online news paper charlotteobserver they said the following of tonight December 13th . Also coming this month -- the Geminids meteor shower, which takes place Dec. 13. Unfortunately for sky-watchers, there will be a full moon that night, and astronomers say the moonlight will make it difficult to see some of the meteors.

I must say this is catching my interest these things happening in the sky . I want to hear everyone's take on these things. Is god sending us a sign ? Does the bible talk of such things happening ? Could we be nearing a point of the seond coming ?
    revdrgade Posts: 162, Reputation: 37

Dec 13, 2008, 04:20 PM
    It has long been translated that God made the stars for "signs" as well as seasons:

Ge 1:14-15

14 And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth." And it was so.
    NIV

But the above translation indicates the interpretation of the verse is "signs about the seasons".

But Jesus also speaks about ".

But Jesus also speaks about " in the last days:

Lk 21:25

25 "There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea.
    NIV

God does give us signs in various ways and speaks much about HIS " in the last days:

Lk 21:25

25 " in the OT. But it seems from the OT that because of man's corrupted nature we are warned not seek to know the future from those who are not proven prophets and seers of God.

It seems best to take only the signs listed in the Bible.. in order to be "seers" and "awake" for the Lord's return.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 13, 2008, 08:34 PM

The sun rising each morning, the world spinning to keep gravity, are all signs from God, it tells us he is there and in control.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2008, 09:52 PM
    Fr Chuck.
    INDEED!!
    And the signs we see today happening with the moon stars and planets have been happening since Jesus time and before.
    Stars and dying and giving birth to new stars and doing that for millions of years.
    Yes someone is indeed in control.
    Praise God,
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Signs of the end? [ 41 Answers ]

Hello everyone. My girlfriend and I have been together now for about a year and a half and it has been all fine and dandy. This summer however things have gotten a little strange. Ive noticed she fancies this other guy, she isn't head over heels about him or anythign of the sort -- well at least...

Signs of the End? [ 14 Answers ]

I would like to know what are the signs that Christians see as the signs that the end is near? Please do not think I am here to argue or find fault,but as I do believe that the end is not too far and that there are signs that will herald the end, I am curious to know the signs Christians look...

Not Sure but I see signs [ 7 Answers ]

I've been n a relationship for 6 yrs. We have 2 kids together, out of those 6 yrs he's been workn off an on while I've been doing everything. I'M not happy at all. I tried to make it work.. I thinks he's been unfaithful during the 6 yrs.. like taking a his cell phone with him EverYwhere he goes. I...

View more questions Search