Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikebdoc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2008, 09:34 AM
    Pools and Home Owners Insurance
    Here is my situation.
    My pool is a cedar walled, inground liner pool. My pool collapsed and I don't know why. I have checked my insurance coverage and it appears it will be difficult to get it covered. I have a safety cover on the pool and so I am not sure what may have been going on underneath. I hope this plays to my favor. Not only did I lose the pool but a span of 15-20 feet of the patio collapsed as well. Here is what I think happened. Maybe someone can tell me if this is likely or was it something else. I think my liner had a small leak and lost water since I covered it. The 2 days leading up to collapse we had over 3 inches of rain. I think the ground outside of leak could not handle to pressure of the water coming from the pool combined with the water from the rain and gave way. The rest being history. I think I will be covered as long as they don't insist the leak was normal wear and tear (not covered). As long as the leak was not my fault. Not sure how it could be blamed on me but insurance companies could try to blame me, I guess. When I called the insurance broker to report the claim he said if it was struck by lightening or a deer or large animal fell in the pool I would have no issues wiith coverage. Any advice is appreciated.
    Thanks, Mike
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 18, 2008, 08:43 PM

The best advice in the world won't help you unless you are dealing with a good, well know company. May insurance companies will try to tell you there is no coverage for this just a blufff hoping you will go away. If they deny coverage always appeal, maybe many times. Do not offer the adjuster any possible scenraios, he is not your friend in this situation, let him do what he does all on his own.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home owners [ 2 Answers ]

Can homeowners association put a lien on a home that's already paid for?

Mortgage company wants to hold home owners insurance payment in escow. [ 1 Answers ]

I had a tree damage the roof or my home and cause over $37K in damages. My mortgage company want to hold the payment in escow and issue me the money after I supply receipts. I am current on my payments. Is this legal?

Home Owners Insurance On New Roof [ 10 Answers ]

We are planning to have a new roof put on our home in Wisconsin this summer. We have two estimates - one from a nationwide major construction company and one from a local free-lance roofer who just does roofs on the side. The construction company sales person told us that in the future if we...

Home Owners insurance [ 3 Answers ]

How can I find out who my neighbors home owners insurance company is? How can I found out if a home owners has home owners insurance? Is it legal to do so?

Home owners insurance [ 2 Answers ]

This really happened & I am baffled by the result. A tree in my yard falls & hits one of my cars. The car only has liability insurance coverage on it. The car was a total loss. My first reaction was that the home owners policy will take care of that. Not.. Evidently it only covers acts of...

View more questions Search