Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LeoCanada Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2008, 08:59 AM
    Temp rise in the house
    Hello folks I have a keepRite Gas furnace with 3 burners high efficiency. THis was installed in the house before I moved in maybe 2002ish

I have just started to keep track of the length of time it takes to warm the house up. It seems to take 30ish minutes per 1C. Is this normal?

Some other facts to keep in mind, new windows and doors as of this year, older house double brick 1959ish backsplit. Just added a return vent on the top floor as the house has 3 levels typical of a backsplit.. the main return was on the middle floor upper floor vent was covered over years ago apparently when they took out a wall and added new hardwood flooring. The return vent has taken the chill out of the upstairs but it still takes 30ish minutes per 1 C temp rise.

Is this normal?
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2008, 10:18 AM

The first thing to check would be the obvious,filters, any dampers closed? Also is the furnace big enough for the house? What size is the furnace? How many sq feet is your house?

Dec 13, 2008, 11:10 AM
    Hi new filter all the vents are open and it's a 75000 BTU furnace single stage

Dec 13, 2008, 11:10 AM
    Opps 1400-1500sqfoot house backsplit so 3 levels with a 1/3 finished basement and crawl space
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2008, 12:03 PM

What is the tempature rise? Get a thermometer, stick it in a return and record the temp, now place it into a supply, record temp. Post back with your findings. Be sure the furnace is running for the test.

Dec 14, 2008, 10:34 AM
    Now I had a technician in a few days ago and he showed me it was around 140F in the furnace.. he stuck a wire into the large metal box above the actual furnace.

THen he went around to the rooms to the outside of the house... he was able to raise the temp coming from the registeres from 93ish F to 112F to the front of the house and 120ish to the back of the house
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2008, 12:05 PM

What was the temp in the house when he ran this test?

Dec 14, 2008, 03:02 PM
    19-20c

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it normal for house temp to be higher than what the thermostat is set on? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a new outside unit (one year old) and a new coil (brand spanking new) on my central air conditioning. We have had lots of troubles but things to be working okay for now. The only thing is, no matter what we set the thermostat on (usually around 75), the AC won't keep the house that cool. ...

Good temp for empty house? [ 2 Answers ]

We are moving out of our house in Ohio where winter temps can get into the negative degrees (F). We would like to turn the heat down so as not to pay outrageous gas bills. What would be a safe temperature to set the thermostat to so that everything keeps working in the house (pips, water heater,...

Bryant Temp Rise Tooo High [ 3 Answers ]

My 10 year old Bryant gas forced air furnace is distributing hot air that smells HOT. This has continued beyond the early initial fall heat smell period. I measured the plenium temp at 170F after a 10 min burn time. The info plate list the Temp rise as 55-85 F; which would translate to a max outlet...

Heat not kicking on until the temp dips below 64 degrees, target temp set to 72 [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, This is my first time posting here, but I figured it was a good place to start for some advice. I just bought a new townhouse a few weeks ago and have been having some heating issues since moving in. The actual furnace (Goodman GMS 8045) was installed in June of '06 while the unit was...

Temp gauge showing temp, 2001 Chev Malibu [ 13 Answers ]

I have a 2001 Chev Malibu LS, V6, temp gauge is not showing any heat at all, not registering when I know the coolant is hot ? Veh has about 126000 mi on it, never been flushed out, thought I would attempt to flush myself but don't you think the problem might be a bad thermostat ? If so, where and...

View more questions Search