Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxlullabyxx Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2008, 08:50 AM
    Brown discharge + sticky darker brown when period is due
    Hi,
    I'm 17 and is sexually active with my boyfriend. We are each other first and only so it shouldn't be anything like std or something. Anyway, my period was due last thrusday and it didn't come. The only thing that came was creamy light brown discharge then on Friday night, me and my boyfriend had sex, at the beginning he was not wearing a condom but it was only for like 3 minutes then he put one on because we were scared. After sex on the condom was the creamy brown discharge. Its been a week and 2 days now and I've still haven't got my period but this discharge kept coming. Its not a lot but I need at least a panty liner or 2 everyday. Also with it, comes like this sticky, stringy dark brown mucus thing, its odourless. I've had this before once for 4 days but this time its seems like a lot and I'm getting quite worry.

COULD EVERYONE PLEASE HELP? IM NEW ON THIS SITE SO I Don't REALLY KNOW HOW IT WORKS BUT IM SO SCARED!! :(
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2008, 09:46 AM

If you are having sex, pregnancy will always be a possibility, but it is not uncommon to have irregular cycles in your teens. Even much older women will have an off cycle on occasion. It may be just an off period, but it wouldn't hurt to try a pregnant test. Give it another week to see if a regular period shows up and test accordingly.
    Do be sure he puts a condom on before he is ever inside you as sperm can be present in the fluid produced just during arousal, so putting it on midway does not give you as much protection as you could have. Even better, if you want to be extra sure, you may want to consider using some type of birth control yourself in addition to the condom.

Dec 14, 2008, 06:13 AM

Thank you so much DoulaLC for your advice :)
    I will wait another week and see because that's what happened last time when I had it for 4 days, my period came a week later and I did try a pregnancy test then and it came out negative... so maybe it's the same thing but just lasting longer... I will keep you posted. Thanks a lot again!

Dec 14, 2008, 06:39 AM

DoulaLC
    I also forgot to tell you that a few weeks before this happened I had UTI (urinary tract infection) and was put on antibiotics for 5 days
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2008, 07:11 AM

The UTI and antibiotics may have been enough to through you off schedule as well. See what happens in another week... again, odds are it is just an off cycle... might be late, might even skip this month. Good luck!

Dec 15, 2008, 10:06 AM

Thank you! :)
    You've help a lot! Now I feel much better
    krzekali89 Posts: 66, Reputation: 8

Dec 15, 2008, 11:22 AM
    Pregnancy. Take a test! My best friend just recently found out she was pregnant and thts what happened..

Also any kind of unrinary infection could cause this to happen.

Good luck.

Dec 15, 2008, 10:30 PM

Really?
    Okay I will take a test as soon as I can

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why brown discharge before period? [ 6 Answers ]

It's a couple of days before my period and I'm getting a brownish discharge when I wipe and don't know why? I just switched to a new type of pill, but prior have been on ortho for about 3 years now.. Could I be pregnant??

Brown Discharge a week before period, then brown discharge at time of period? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am currently on Yaz birth control and because of a different medicine I take they say the effectiveness of the birth control may be compromised (they don't know how much) so I always make sure to use a condom in addition to the birthcontrol. I never miss a pill and take them regularly...

Can I re dye my hair from dark brown to a lighter brown or darker blonde? [ 3 Answers ]

Here is my dilemma, please help!! I wanted to do a hair color change, so I had my hair 2 toned. I told her I wanted to be dark on the bottom and blond on top so she did half the bottom dark brown and mixed sandy blond with another color for the top and it came out very brassy/red did not look...

From light golden brown w/ highlights to a darker brown [ 3 Answers ]

I know this seems like the easiest hair dye project out there.. but my question is about base colors and levels... My friend has light brown/golden hair with highlights and she wants a darker brown. She had it dyed and it wasn't dark enough for her, and it faded pretty fast. My other friend had...

View more questions Search