Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Leeboy Posts: 172, Reputation: 5

Dec 13, 2008, 08:16 AM
    Computer Re-booting after virus scan
    Whenever I run my Avast 4.8, it gets to a point in the scan ( I'm usually not home when when scanning) where my P.C. just turns on and off and re-starts on its own. Its like someone turns the on/off switch on me. Im thinking , it might be scanning and hits a virus, then the virus re-boots me... any ideas?
    mani_jeddah Posts: 75, Reputation: -1

Dec 14, 2008, 10:51 AM

Check the settings you may turn on rebooting system after compltion of scaning

Vote if its useful

Dec 14, 2008, 10:56 AM

It doesn't even get to the point where it says scan finished... Its scanning then "Blip" off it goes... Done it 3 times at basically the same place...
    theecho Posts: 59, Reputation: 9

Dec 14, 2008, 12:32 PM
    Have you tried scanning in safemode?
    cogs Posts: 415, Reputation: 27

Dec 14, 2008, 02:28 PM

I'd try scanning system32 folder, or other important folders, to see if you can get it to shut down, then at least you can pinpoint the file.

Dec 14, 2008, 03:03 PM

Thanks a lot, I will try the safe mode first, then the 32 file...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stop virus scan in MS Word 2003 [ 1 Answers ]

I want to stop MS Word from asking for a virus scan when opening documents. This happens even with documents I have created myself and is really time-consuming. I have read the other posted answers and have set MS Word Macro Security settings to low. I have Norton anti-virus software but cannot...

Not understanding AVG Virus Scan results [ 9 Answers ]

I'm scanning a laptop HD that's plugged into my computer here at work as an external. So far (it's not done yet), here is where it's at. As you can see, it says "no threats found yet". ... so what are those two .dll files with "Change" indicated under the "Result/Infection" column? Thanks!

MSword requesting virus scan-?help [ 4 Answers ]

I have a problem with MSword. When I open a doc it takes a while and when I finally get word open there is a note on the bottom bar saying "requesting virus scan". Then it loads the document. I run a fast PC, late version of word, scan for virus with norton (updated weekly). Any thoughts on...

AVG Anti-Virus Scan Question [ 3 Answers ]

I have AVG Anti-Virus free edition. When I run a full system scan manually, the test comes back complete with no virus found and no errors. However, when I schedule a test to run automatically at a specific time, the result always comes back with 13 viruses found. Specifically, various trojan...

Virus scan program [ 5 Answers ]

Can someone help me with a good and free virus scanner? Bye boud

View more questions Search