Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shades Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Jul 8, 2006, 05:30 PM
    Title of movie.
    Hi everyone.

I have been racking my brains for the title of this movie. I can remember the film itself quite clearly but as for the name... *shrugs*.

Anyway I hope someone can help me. Below is what I remember about the film.

The film was based in U.S. It started with a little girl (about 5-7yrs) who was sitting in the back seat of her dads car (dad was driving). It was late at night and very dark and a storm was brewing. I can't remember what happened, but the car went into a lampost or a tree and her dad was killed. The girl was very close to her dad. The little girl suffered injuries due to the crash. Half of her face was very badly scarred. I think the car burst into flames but I'm not sure.

Few years passed and the little girl lived with her mum and oldest sister (was a pretty blonde and not very friendly who wanted to be a model or something like that) in a run down house in a small town. Looked like a poor area but I'm not sure. The girl who must have been about 17 now, had long brown hair and wore old fashioned, dowdy dresses that your Gran would wear. She used her long hair to cover one side of her face and was a out-cast and very insecure. She helped out backstage in a theatre and met a lad there about the same age who she became friends with. She had a crush on him and he didn't care about her face. But nothing came out of this, just friendship.

It then skips about a year and she meets a nice looking bloke who she sleeps with. Serious thing for her and she falls in love with him. But he's a crook and doesn't care about her. At this time she's working for a old man as a accountant or in a jewellery shop. Im not sure what but it's a old man. Her b/f tricks her into stealing from her boss and she gets caught by police and arrested. The old man presses charges and her b/f blames it all on her. She goes to prison and he gets off. In prison she meets a young black woman and they become close friends. When she gets released she wants to become a fashion designer but has no money. Her friend knows a plastic surgeon and he operates on her face and removes the scarring. After the operation she's beautiful and is finally happy about her appearance. The surgeon wants to marry her and she accepts but finds out he reconstructed her face to look similar to that of his dead wife's. She freaks and leaves him.

Later she opens a shop and works in fashion. She becomes a fashion designer. She doesn't see her Mum or sister until several years later when her MUm is dead. Her sister is now married to the man who she lost her viriginity to and who set her up. Hes physically violent to her sister and I think she wacks him on the head and kills him. But Im not sure about this part. Anyway her sister realises its her little sister and they finally get on. Towards the end, the guy she had a crush on back when she was working at the theatre, she meets and falls in love with him and she's about to tell him who she is really (she had a new identity) and he knows. Then it ends.

This film was last aired on UK TV about 4 years ago. My Grans been pestering me to look for it but I don't know the name of it. Hopefully you guys and ladies will know.

Thank you!
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Jul 9, 2006, 02:34 AM
    Hi Shades,
    I'm stumped! I know I've never seen this movie before, but I do remember reading the plot summary once, and many things in your description coincide perfectly. I did a very extensive search on the Internet Movie Database to no avail so far. I tried using a search engine as well, but to little use. If no one else can come up with it, I will take another try at searching. I do like a challenge. Good luck in the search. :)

Jul 10, 2006, 03:05 PM
    Hi Thomas,

Lol I'm completely stumped too. I can see the face of the actors but I just can't remember their names or the movie title. Argh. I could scream. Its bugging me now lol.

I've tried doing a search too but I can't find anything about it. Its like it never existed. :confused: I think it was released in the 90's but I'm not sure. What do you think?

Thanks loads by the way. :)

Jul 10, 2006, 03:24 PM
    I've found it. I posted on internet movie database and got a reply. Its called. A Face to Die For and was produced in 1996. Now I'm off to raid Ebay for the DVD lol.

Thanks again hun. :)

Jul 10, 2006, 07:35 PM
    Awesome! I'm very glad you found it. Thank you for posting the name. I'll have to rent it if I come across it again. :)

Jul 14, 2006, 11:06 AM
    I will too hun. It isn't on Ebay yet, lol. Thank you again! :)

Jul 14, 2006, 12:54 PM
    Hi Shades,
    It is actually under a different title in the UK, "The Face." Here are a few links on eBay UK:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DVD-REGION-FRE...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/The-Face-DVD-2...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/The-Face-2002-...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/The-Face-yasmi...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/The-Face-DVD-2...QQcmdZViewItem

Apparently it isn't available yet in the US. I must have read the plot summary some time back on cable television.
    Anyhow, enjoy. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very Very Vague Description of 80's Children Movie... Need movie title [ 8 Answers ]

Ok there's probably no hope here but I'll try anyway... There is a movie I watched when I was very young and would like to get a hold of it. It was in the mid 80's when I watched it but the movie could have been made in the 70's sometime. Pretty much the only part I can remember is these...

UK movie title help please! [ 2 Answers ]

I need help w/ a movie title. I remember seeing a movie on HBO about 5 or less years ago. It was placed in Ireland, England, or Scotland. It centered around these relationships in a small village. These women played football (soccar in the U.S.) and afterward went to this pub for drinks. One...

Movie Title Help? 80's Movie? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello All. I need help with the title of a movie I remember from when I was younger. I think the movie was made in the 80's, but possibly early 90's. The main character was a man who came back to earth to help the son of a woman who he loved. She is now married and has a son in High School. I...

Need a Movie Title [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, To whom it may concern, My name is Leo, and I need a name of a Movie. This movie is about a father (during the Holocaust) who kept his son from seeing all the bad things that was going on during this terrible moment. And at the end his son believe that it was all a game. What's the name...

Help! Looking for a TV movie title [ 2 Answers ]

I have been trying to remember the name of a movie that starred Ralph Meeker and an actress named Carol.. The story line involved Ralph Meeker's character kidnapping Carol.. and keeping her in a basement apartment in, I presume, New York City. Eventually, she falls in love with him, etc. Does...

View more questions Search