Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    manikandanravi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2008, 01:51 AM
    Questions on housing loan EMI
    Hi,

I have 3 queries.

1. I had bought a house which is under construction and it is expected to be completed in February 2009. The Pre -EMI started in September 2008 and EMI starts from February 2009. Confirm whether I can claim the PRE EMI interest and also the EMI which I paid for the financial year.

2. The possession of the flat is only on March 2009. Confirm if am eligible to claim the HRA from April 2008 to February 2009.

3. Is it possible to claim the interest portion more than Rs.1,50,000 if the property is let out to my father and the rent is shown as Income.

:):):):)
    Regards,
    Mani.
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Dec 15, 2008, 04:00 AM

This forum is for the U.S. taxes.
    You should post your question at India Tax Forum. Try mytaxes - Index

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax benefit on housing loan [ 1 Answers ]

I am just thinking to avail HBl from sbi this year in dec-jan about 6.00 lacs(1st fage of total project cost of 20.00 lacs.) Shall I eligible to get tax benefit. My Annual Income is about 2.50 lacs. Due to future programme I am not deducting the I.tax from my salary. So pleae guide me that how...

Housing loan benefit for I Tax [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am abhijeet My Current CTC is 12 Lacs and taking loan of 28 Lacs and EMI is 31000/ How? It will Help me for my Income tax. Will all principle amount paid by me will treat as minus income salary from home? Pl reply Regards Abhijeet

Housing loan [ 3 Answers ]

I want to apply for a home loan but the home is registered on the original buyer. He can't transfer the registration, but can give me GPA. Can I apply home loan based on GPA(Power of attorney)? If yes where can I apply for that? As I am in faridabad here the floor wise registration is banned by...

Income Tax benefits on Pre-EMI of Housing Loan [ 0 Answers ]

I am planning to purchase a Flat at Kolkata & approached LIC Housing Finance for loan. They agreed to provide the required amount. Now, as usually, builder asked payment in various stages. My query is, can I get Income Tax Benefits on these Pre-EMI benefits before taking possession of the flat or I...

Deduction of Housing Loan [ 1 Answers ]

Can Pre EMi for housing loan is eligible for deduction.

View more questions Search