Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vaishali1410 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2008, 11:25 PM
    Regarding Inter caste marriage
    Hi All,

I'm vaishali, I belong to brahmin hindu family and I love a boy who belongs to hindu caste but fall in schdule caste. He is well settled but how we convience our parents on inter caste especially about schdule caste marriage. Kindly give me suggestion what I have to do now?
    Starbucks21 Posts: 282, Reputation: 23

Dec 13, 2008, 12:44 AM

Well, I don't know much about your culture to be honest...

I do know something about parents.

Your parents want you to be happy and healthy. Convince them that you are that and the rest will fall in play.

They want to make sure you are taken care of and loved just the way they love you (which I'm sure is a very high standard to meet).
    raoji Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2010, 05:26 PM
    Comment on vaishali1410's post
    Hi Vaishalli, I think it convincing your parents would be best as you are not going to live with your parents. Explain your parents(which is difficult I know)but you got no other go, your parents may cry,throw sentiment dialouge but here your stand I
    chetana_m Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Nov 10, 2010, 07:31 AM
    Hey vaishali, m in the same situation. I am a hindu-brahmin girl but my boyfriend is hindu but not brahmin. My parents are aged and I'm scared about their health. I know him since 4 years and have disclosed this matter to my parents 3 years ago. But still they are not ready to get convinced as they r too orthodox. I have tried all the ways to convince them but nothing worked out yet. I can't go against my parents as I am only daughter to them and can't live without him too.

Have trust on God.. Hope for the best..

Anybody having ideas how to convince them, please please help me out..
    avbehe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2011, 10:45 PM
    Hi, me too having same problem, I am hindu and my boy is Schedule caste. Moreover we have some cold war going on amongst the families. We are expecting boys family to get convinced but mine is so stiff and prestige conscious that they are not even bothered about my happiness anymore. They also want me to meet some guy of their choice but I don't want to marry anyone else. We have been in 7 years of relationship.. and its impossible to make it up again with someone else..
    I wish God help us all.. and give our parents some open brains and heart..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

ICWAI - inter [ 17 Answers ]

Hi I have joined ICWAI inter, (having TAX, Auditing, and financial accounts) I am new to accounts and I hear people saying ICWAI is very tough to pass. Since am working & studying, please advice me on how to prepare and pass easily in the 1st attempt itself. :confused: Also let me know any...

Inter-religious marriage [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I am basically a Hindu. I have converted into a Christian for my marriage. Yes, my wife is catholic. We have married before 3 years. We have a kid. He is one and a half years old. My question is : Is there any problem creep later by our inter-religion marriage? But we married under...

Worried inter [ 1 Answers ]

Kk planning to have sex but worried about pregnancy and condoms breaking what should I do to overcome this and stop being scared?

Inter racial relationships [ 9 Answers ]

HEy, Am nigel... Well, am african and I think ave fallen in love with this girl, whose korean :( I don't know what to do, don't know what to say because its like I look around me and everyone seems so judgmental about us. But, I really love her and I know even her parents might not agree to it or...

Inter vlan in using layer3 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , I want to know how to inter velan in cisco layer 3 switch with out using router But I have same network in all vlan it in DHCP .SO PLESE TELE ME HOW I CONFIGER NUTAN MOHANTY

View more questions Search