Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scrolljoe Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2006, 03:01 PM
    An Email Question
    I'm a Newbie and am puzzled by this thought : I create an Email Account- say [email protected]... I received an Email which I opened. Is that opened Email now part of my Harddisk or is it stored in some mailbox in a server at Yahoo ? :confused: Thanks for any input.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2006, 04:53 PM
    It stored in some mailbox in a server at Yahoo

That is, if you go to mail.yahoo.com to look at your mail.

There is an option to download your Yahoo Mail from their server to your own computer hard drive. Example, if you use a program like Microsoft Outlook.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2006, 07:16 PM
    Ads?

What adds in Yahoo?

I guess since I have a pop up blocker I never notice.

GMail... I wouldn't recommend that. I signed up for an account, every day I got 100+ emails in spam, and this is BEFORE I started giving out the address to my friends or using it in ANY way.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 8, 2006, 07:27 PM
    I have both Yahoo and Gmail. I do see ads on Yahoo, but they are not intrusive, nor do they seem to have an appreciable affect on performance.

Both Gmail and Yahoo have effective spam filters. I get very little spam on Gmail since I don't give that address out a lot.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2006, 05:27 AM
    Hi, scroll,
    You have a good answer, previous to this one.
    Your Yahoo email address stores your email in their server, not in your computer.
    One suggestion I have:
    If you order anything from online, ALWAYS use a Yahoo email address, or Hotmail, etc. If you use your home computer's email, such as [email protected], for example, and have Outlook or Outlook Express for your home computer email, then you will be "swamped" with spam emails!
    It's much easier to go back to Yahoo after you order something, click on the Empty Bulk mail.
    Best wishes.
    scrolljoe Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2006, 02:46 PM
    Thanks Guys. All replies were appreciated. Do enjoy what's left of the weekend.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Email prog/app. Question? [ 4 Answers ]

Here is a question, I saw a posting question inquiring about a chat line program seen in the movie EUROtrip. I have some what of the same question... In the movie the main character has an Email Programthat says " Mail Fu**head!" I really though it might be interesting to have the program. I...

Can't email [ 2 Answers ]

I have an email address from Yahoo. I can receive emails but once I go to send one, when I'm on the page were it asks there email address and subject, but there is no box where I can write my email. It has the subject and their address but below that it has no box to write. But I asked my...

Music in Email [ 5 Answers ]

When I receive an animated Email message with music and try to forward it to another, the animated part of the forwarded message is received, but the music is not sent. How can I ensure the music accompanies the animated part of the message? I am using Eudora 5.1 and Windows XP pro Maury

Sent Email [ 7 Answers ]

Is there a way that I can get notification that an email has been read? Thanks

The best email like The Bat! [ 4 Answers ]

Anybody help me find an email client as good as The Bat! I am using The Bat! Email client for years. I love its features, but now a days many of my email reciepient blocks my email because of possible spam from The Bat email client. I still fond of using it. So to cover all of my email...

View more questions Search