Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ihavewings Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2008, 09:01 PM
    16 year old girl, never been kissed or asked out
    I'm turning 16 in about a month and I have never made out and I've never had a boyfriend.
    My best friend is with her boyfriend of 11 months and he's her third!
    And she's turning 16 in 3 months!

I'm so lost and sad

I'm definitely not ugly
    I'm tan have dark curly hair

I don't know what's wrong...
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2008, 09:27 PM

You can spend your time learning and finding interests, hobbies and working on yourself image and goals . In all, you will be further ahead than most girls in the long run. While they are into relationships and finding guy after guy that doesn't work, even becoming pregnant, divorced and having nothing but a bunch of heartaches you can be working on a career and a future without relying on finding a guy to depend on. Many girls who get guy after guy and focus on bf's are dependent on them because they look to them and do not work on being a whole person within themselves.
    Who knows while you are getting somewhere in life you might just meet Mr. Right along the way.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2008, 08:27 AM

I didn't get a boyfriend until I was in uni (18). I was too busy living my life, I had several hobbies, volunteering, a Saturday job and schoolwork to do. I had no time and less inclination. Yeah sometimes a had a moment of doubt but ultimately it work out for the best.

When I went to uni I had lots ot talk about and so was fun to be around, all the guys loved me. And I did meet Mr. Right along the way, and I'm so glad I waited because I missed a lot of messing around.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2008, 08:31 AM

Hit enter button. I didn't have a real boyfriend till I was in my 20's
    Still haven't found a decent one 20 some years later. Keeping busy making your own life until one comes along is important no matter what.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2008, 08:44 AM

I was 16 and a half before I got any boyfriend or kiss, and then, to be honest, I was not ready. I actually left the country partly to get away from him. I was 18 before I had a real relationship that made me happy. If I could go back in time and skip the first one, I would! Listen to templelane and NOhelp4u. LOTs of young women don't have boyfriends at your age.

Look at the graph on this page.
    Facts on American Teens' Sexual and Reproductive Health

At your age, 75 - 80 percent of girls have not had sex. I'd guess at least 50% have not had a boyfriend or been kissed. The 25% who are dating and having sex are usually the ones who get pregnant and never go to college. You are in the normal group that is finishing high school, marrying later, having an easier life. Stick with that...
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2008, 08:50 AM

An easier life definitely! My frineds who started dating early seem to lurch form one romantic disater to another. You'd think they would improve with all the practice they are getting... but no.
    Gabriella19 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2008, 03:25 PM

First of all don't compare yourself to no one... don't worry by kissing you are not going to get a big deal... its just normal that you want to know what a kiss is?. but then so what?. don't worry about these silly things... just appreciate how your life is... boys come and go... and I am sure that there is a boy in this world that wants you...

don't worry be happy =]
    52628 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2008, 05:36 PM
    Now I agree and disagree with the other posts. I am 14 and have had a few bfs. But the thing is you can't make them your number 1 priority. I had a boyfriend who I cared about so much but my basketball team and friends and fam were no. 1 u should probably start by talking to more guys
    ch1ef Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2009, 12:24 AM
    I am sure there are guys that would ask you out
    skittlefrittle Posts: 29, Reputation: 5

Jan 4, 2009, 03:59 PM

Sometimes guys feel intimidated by really pretty girls because they feel you are out of their league. The best way to fix this is by being really socially open and down to earth; talk to them about stuff that makes them comfortable, like what's going on in class or sports or something. That way they are more likely to approach you. Also make sure you go to a bunch of group activities like bonfires, there's where people are most laid back and chill. Trust me, I went through the same thing after my boyfriend of 2 years and I broke up, everybody thought I was this serious relationship girl and whatever but you just got to show your personality and confidence!

Just remember, that true good relationships just hit you; you can't truly MAKE it happen, it has to go both ways and be a right place at the right time thing, but it doesn't hurt to be at a lot of those places, one of them is bound to be the right one!

Good luck!
    barbiechick123 Posts: 317, Reputation: 25

Jan 4, 2009, 10:29 PM

Look girl, 16 years old may seem like it's too late to get a first kiss or boyfriend (to you at least) but it's actually probably too young anyway! You're a young girl, you have so much to worry about before you look for "love".. plus you shouldn't even be jealous that your friend had 3 bfs because it obviously means any of her old ones were that important... Oh and by the way, my sis got her first kiss at 16 and didn't even like it.. so be happy that you still have the chance to choose some one special to be with...
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2009, 11:08 PM

As many of the members have said. I went to college with plenty of girls who have NEVER dated and have NEVER kissed a guy. Sometimes, I actually find them a bit more... interesting to talk to.
    xbabycakesxx Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2009, 05:27 AM

I was like you too,I hadn't had a proper boyfriend unti I was 16, all my mates had and I felt left out like I was missing something. But I just needt find the right guy, and so do you
    chaosmaster1 Posts: 294, Reputation: 12

Jan 6, 2009, 05:30 PM

Sometimes for a girl especially of your age it's good not to have a boyfriend cause that gives you the time to have fun and focus on establishing yourself later on in life take it easy and go with the flow
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Jan 6, 2009, 06:15 PM

If people don't ask you out, ask them out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

16 year old girl and have never been asked out or kissed [ 50 Answers ]

I'm a 16 year old girl and I have never been kissed or asked out and it is making me feel as if I am not normal. I don't get it I'm pretty, really smart, nice, fun, but I am shy. I need help everyone around me has boyfriends but me. What's wrong with me. I need advice on what to do. Please Help.

I'm a girl, I kissed a girl, I didn't like it. Should I tell my boyfriend? [ 10 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend are 19.. he's not a partier but sometimes I can be. I used to party and drink every other weekend before we started going out but I stopped when I started dating him because he didn't really like it unless he was around. Plus he doesn't want me doing anything that's bad for me...

My girlfriend asked me "what if I kissed a girl?" [ 8 Answers ]

My girlfriend who is in her 30's asked me a few weeks ago about how I would feel if she kissed a girl. At first I was like, well I guess if I get to watch, jokingly. Usual guy response. But seriously, I said well what if I kissed a guy, would you like that? She said no. I have absolutely no...

Wife kissed another woman because I asked [ 26 Answers ]

OK, so my wife was out on the town with some girl friends. She kissed a girl because I asked and sent me a picture. Since then I have wanted her to (do more) with another woman. Possibly bring another woman home with her. First aspect of this question... What are some tips to look for if...

Girl kissed another guy when she was drunk [ 6 Answers ]

I am a 19 yr old male and I have been kind of seeing a woman I met at work. By kind of seeing I mean we kiss a little and cuddle no sex or anything serious. We both like each other but aren't sure if we want a relationship. Well last weekend we went to a party and she drank too much and kissed her...

View more questions Search