Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    huntpro13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2008, 08:01 PM
    Admiral Washer won't agitate.
    Read a lot online... Admiral HD Super Cap 2- speed AAV7700AWW.

The problem is most likely with the agitator dogs. Fills and drains, spins fine. Agitate cycle looks and sounds like broken gears.

I took off the top of the agitator (bleach fill, or whatever), unbolted the bolt 7 inches down, lifted off the agitator.. but can't get it apart to get to the dogs. Removed the clear-ish sleeve on the bottom, but can't get the bottom to separate from the top.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Joshua
    ShadyLady Posts: 98, Reputation: 10

Dec 13, 2008, 12:32 AM

Try putting the agitator on the floor and put your feet on the bottom half as you pull up on the top half. Don't yank too hard, just use firm even pressure. Be careful, everything will pop out all over the place so it's a good idea to put the agitator on dark towel or blanket. There should be a retainer ring, a cam, a small "o" ring and 4 dogs.
    The symptom of worn dogs is the agitator is very "sloppy".
    It's not hard to check. The dogs should have very pronounced ridges on them.
    huntpro13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2008, 10:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyLady View Post
    Try putting the agitator on the floor and put your feet on the bottom half as you pull up on the top half. Don't yank too hard, just use firm even pressure. Be careful, everything will pop out all over the place so it's a good idea to put the agitator on dark towel or blanket. There should be a retainer ring, a cam, a small "o" ring and 4 dogs.
    The symptom of worn dogs is the agitator is very "sloppy".
    It's not hard to check. The dogs should have very pronounced ridges on them.
    Thanks ShadyLady. I can't seem to get it apart. I can hear and partially see loose (presumably broken) pieces in between the two parts, but having a tough time getting them to separate. And yes, the center piece that the bold threads into is broke. My fault, trying to get them apart.

Dec 13, 2008, 02:45 PM
    Note: this is only generalized information. I am only an amateur.

Dec 13, 2008, 02:56 PM

The dogs are supposed to be somewhat loose in the cam. They are kind of like a "gear" that moves the agitator.
    Look around on the cam for screws, tabs, or slots, or a combination. Something that might be holding the cam in. You might have to use a flat screwdriver and pry it out. You're going to have to replace it anyway (?)

Dec 13, 2008, 02:59 PM
    When you took out the bolt, hopefully it was just the cam you messed up and not the metal threads. Those are part of the transmission shaft.
    You can find a diagram and free help at PartsSelect.com No I don't work for them or promote them! You should shop around for prices.
    I went to a small repair shop in my town and the guy was friendly and helpful.

Dec 13, 2008, 03:03 PM
    (Sorry having to re-post)
    This guy ordered the right parts, gave me help, and even lent me the special tool I needed! I had previously ordered a part on-line & after waiting 5 days it was the wrong part. By going locall my part came the next day. I was able to send business his way in appreciation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Admiral Washer [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Admiral washer that was given to me. It sometimes won't spin out the water and it seems to me the tub is tilted to the far right toward the rear. I have looked all over and can't figure out what is wrong. Can Any one Help Me? ...

Admiral - washer will not spin, pump out or agitate. [ 4 Answers ]

I have an Admiral 2 speed washing machine that I purchased 10 years ago from Montgomery Wards, which is out of business now. The washer will not spin, pump out or agitate. When I turn the know to spin I hear a low buzzing as it try’s to spin, then a click like an overload breaker popped. After...

Admiral LNC6764A71 not agitate well [ 1 Answers ]

My Admiral Washing Machine Model LNC6764A71 top loalder agitates to slowly so the clothes are not moved around and cleaned effectively. Any ideas of how to repair?

Admiral Washer won't agitate [ 1 Answers ]

Have an Admiral Washer bought from Montgomery Wards (now out of business) about 10 years ago. The model number is LNC6742A80. It fills with water, and sits the amount of time selected. It does not agitate. Then when the time is up, it drains the water by spinning and then goes into the rinse...

Admiral washer [ 1 Answers ]

Adiral washer no spin

View more questions Search