Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adamkatie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2006, 07:50 AM
    WeedEater FeatherLite
    I have a WeedEater FeatherLite gas trimmer and last weekend it just stopped working as I it was in use. I tried to start it up and the pull string won't move an inch. Any ideas as to how to fix this? Thanks
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2006, 12:36 PM
    Were you using a gas/oil mix? From here it sounds like you locked it up, from either running it on straight gas or a seal was leaking and it ran lean. Do you have a set of hex type wrenches? To take the engine off, its only a few screws, and try and see if the engine itself can be turned by hand. And check out the recoil pulley to see in case that may have had the rope jump and jam maybe. Straight shaft or curved?
    adamkatie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2006, 04:48 PM
    Thanks for your response and I would agree with your assesmnet. I ran out of oil and ran straight gas the day it quit. I know... hindsight is 20/20 :-)
    It's a curved shaft, the engine did turn by hand when I took it off, and the pull string seemed to function fine when I took the engine off. Fixable, or have I screwed this one up too much.
    Thanks again for your response.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2006, 11:48 PM
    If you ran straight gas, with these its cheaper to buy a new one rather than fix... sounds like she seized up, cooled down and popped loose again.. either way the cylinder is scored, piston scored and ring fried... better to buy a new one... they are cheap at wally world.

Next time please keep a good supply of 2 cycle oil. Poulan sells they're own mix at walmart in the big bottles (squeeze till its at the 3.2 ounce (40:1) level), pre mixed with a fuel stabilizer... not a bad deal actually.
    mpevans Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2008, 01:42 PM
    Guy on eBay is selling a great instruction manual on everything you all are asking. I bought his manual, tried it, and followed each step, and it was like the mechanic was standing there telling me everything. Has a materials list and a tools list and a simple, three step process. Price is $5.50, with quick electronic delivery in Word 2000 format. He calls it "Weedeater Poulan Fuel Line Replacement Manual".
    ga771 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2012, 07:54 AM
    Hello, my name's Giavontae, & I have an issue; I own a Feather Lite Gas Trimmer; I'm having an issue with the starter rope; I can't get it to start, because the rope's stuck. Please help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weedeater Featherlite Plus help [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all I have a Weedeater Featherlite Plus and has been a good tool to me. I have a problem, though. Lately, when I crank the weedeater up and place the lever from half choke to full choke, the weedeater goes from its usual roar, to a hum, even when I push the throttle down all the way, and...

Featherlite Weedeater [ 2 Answers ]

Hi:I wonder could someone tell me the proper procedure how to install the fuelline and filter inside the fuel tank on my Featherlite Weedeater? The old fuelline is cracked in several places and need to be replaced.It's the fuelline inside the fueltank.really appreciate it. Thanks Slade.

Featherlite weedeater [ 1 Answers ]

My mother has this weedeater and wanting to do something nice for her I was going to us it and weed eat around her place. The thing is this doesn't look like the weedeaters I'm used to I can't find out how to get the bloody line in. My mom not knowing either. I read about it being bump and go,...

Featherlite Plus Weedeater - Line Trimmer [ 1 Answers ]

My trimmer only works if I hold it so that the fuel is up to the top. It appears that a tube should be in the tank to feed the fuel to the engine when the tank is low. What part or parts will I need to fix this and where can I get them? Thanks!

Weedeater featherlite [ 1 Answers ]

I want to change the head. I can't find my manual. I want to put the plastic blades on it. I don't see any bolts or anything to take off. Can someone please help me.

View more questions Search