Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kumarpankaj78 Posts: 51, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2008, 07:38 AM
    Is there any relation between non-veg food & epileptic seizures?
    I am epileptic & I occasionally consume non-veg. Is it safe?:confused:
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 12, 2008, 10:32 AM

I don't know what you mean exactly by non veg food. Do you mean protein only.
    kumarpankaj78 Posts: 51, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2008, 12:35 AM

Mutton & fish
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 24, 2008, 07:37 AM
    Epilepsy is an electric imbalance in the brain, for lack of better words. Typically what you eat has little if anything to do with it. Seizures can be cause by many things, such as strobe lights or flashing lights for example. I have never heard of someone having a tonic clonic seizure because of food.
    Cinnabar Posts: 113, Reputation: 5

Dec 25, 2008, 02:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Epilepsy is an electric imbalance in the brain, for lack of better words. Typically what you eat has little if anything to do with it. Seizures can be cause by many things, such as strobe lights or flashing lights for example. I have never heard of someone having a tonic clonic seizure because of food.
    While what one eats may not have anything to do with the origin of their epilepsy, ketogenic diets are used as a treatment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Food invention (registration of a food product?) [ 12 Answers ]

I have thought up a good idea for a new food product and would like to offer it to a company, but to do that (I was informed by my dad) I need proof that this idea is mine so no one can steal it and such, registration of a food product? I need to know how to go on to this. A website perhaps? Please...

Epileptic dog with diabetes insipidus [ 13 Answers ]

I have a staffie who is 4.5years old he has been epileptic since jan 07 he has fits every 28 days and they are multiple the most being 12 in one day.he always cluster fits. He is being medicated with phenabarbatone(240mg/day) and potassium bromide(650mg/day) however he still has the seizures.when...

7 yr old lab having seizures [ 4 Answers ]

My fiance's dog Sam has seizures. It's really really sad! He's a fairly big yellow lab, he weighs about 60 pounds and is about 2 feet tall.. He has about 2-3 weekly. He has really really bad ears, and his family thinks it's because of his ears.. but I think differently! His ears are really swollen...

Dog seizures [ 2 Answers ]

I have a two year old dog who has siesures appox every 3 to 4 months anyone have any idear to what coarses them and any medication I could try.thanks freda

Help pet with seizures [ 4 Answers ]

I have A 3 year old male St. Bernard who 6 months ago had a seizure we took him to the vet. They said they would put him on medication but it would cause bad kidney problems so we brought him home and he seem to be doing well intill 1 month ago when he had a lot of seizures and then the vet. Told...

View more questions Search