Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rvlec Posts: 68, Reputation: 2

Dec 12, 2008, 05:35 AM
    First step in becoming more proficient
    I would like to become more proficient in using my computer and more knowledgeable. I want a better understanding. Speed, memory, eliminating useless programs etc. Is there a class that would help me get started?
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Dec 12, 2008, 07:27 AM

There are a lot of free resources out there. Assuming you're using Windows, here are a couple of sites to start with:

Learnthat.com - Free Software, Computers, and Technology Tutorials and Free Computers and Software Courses
    Computer Beginner's Handbook

As for paid video options, check out this site:

Online Project Photoshop Video Tutorials Dreamweaver training courses

The Video Professor has a lot of ads on the TV, but I've read some pretty negative stuff about them so I'd steer clear. You also might check your local bookstore - most have computer sections with a lot of beginner books.

If you're a Mac user, on the other hand, let me know: I can make some recommendations there, too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Step by step needed to become and operate as a Talent Agent [ 17 Answers ]

Hi, I am interested in operating a Talent agency of my own, and would appreciate any information on where to begin the process. I know I need to get licensed and a surety bond in the amount of $50,000 according to the new standards, but I need to know where to go to get the application for...

Mutli-step and single-step income statement [ 1 Answers ]

I have to prepare a multiple-step income statement and a single-step income statement for Elwes and Wright for the year 2007. The information I have is: Administrative expense Officers' salaries $4,900 Depreciation of office furniture and equipment 3,960 Cost of Goods Sold 60,570...

Single step and multi step income statement [ 0 Answers ]

I have to make single and multiple statement out of the followng accounts. How can I arrange the following and also I don't know about the last four items (where they will come on the income statement) Sales Revenue item ...

View more questions Search