Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thesa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2008, 10:32 PM
    Unsweetened baking chocolate vs. cooking chocolate
    Chocolate crinkle american recipe calls for unsweetened baking chocolate but can't find any in australia. Is "cooking chocolate" which looks like milk chocolate make much difference? Should I use dark chocolate or just cut the 2 cups of granulated sugar also required in the recipe?:rolleyes:

Would like to stick to a chocolate bar and not use cocoa powder as replacement.:D
    08_777444 Posts: 111, Reputation: 16

Dec 11, 2008, 10:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by thesa View Post
    chocolate crinkle american recipe calls for unsweetened baking chocolate but can't find any in australia. is "cooking chocolate" which looks like milk chocolate make much difference? should i use dark chocolate or just cut the 2 cups of granulated sugar also required in the recipe?:rolleyes:

would like to stick to a chocolate bar and not use cocoa powder as replacement.:D

Well, "cooking chocolate" is sometimes referred to as unsweetened chocolate. But if it does not say that it is unsweetened on the package then it probably is not. Yes it looks just like the real stuff, but you can tell whether the sugar is there by tasting it. If it doesn't taste right, it's probably unsweetened. If that is the case just follow your recipe.

If it turns out to be sweetened, cut back on the sugar about a 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup... do not eliminate the whole 2 cups of granulated sugar...

After trying it, if you find that it is too sweet, you will know next time exactly how much sugar to eliminate.

Good luck.
    08_777444 Posts: 111, Reputation: 16

Dec 13, 2008, 02:48 PM
    Oh you're welcome.

I hope it worked out for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chocolate vs Sex [ 5 Answers ]

I reacently was told why my cravings for chocolate were so strong because Im lacking in sexuallity, Ive tryied doing research on it then I became a member of this site. Apperently eating chocolate triggers an energy in the brain, that causes happiness and awakness.. According to a few people,...

Do you like chocolate? [ 4 Answers ]

Someone just gave me this link, and if you love chocolate, you have to see it. The things they sell look amazing. I want the chocolate shoes. Gayle's Chocolates: Product Catalog

Dog Ate Chocolate [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 3 1/2 yr old dog, weighs about 11 lbs... woke up yesterday morning to discover that he had eaten about 2 oz of dark chocolate that my partner accidentally left within his reach. Not sure what time he ate it, if it was overnight or in the AM- woke up around 9a to find the empty wrapper. ...

Daschund that ate chocolate [ 12 Answers ]

I've heard that chocolate is very bad for certain dogs. Are Daschunds part of the list? My 3 year old ripped into a bag of Hersey miniatures while we were out for the afternoon and ate the whole bag. How worried should I be and what should I do? Thanks for any information!

View more questions Search