Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Roel Zylstra Posts: 84, Reputation: 14
    Tech entrepreneur, perpetual student,lover of life

Jul 7, 2006, 09:05 PM
    Gunzip c42pdf
    I can't seem to gunzip the latest Linux binary of c42pdf at http://c42pdf.ffii.org/. I have tried Winzip and Stuffit Expander on Windows, and gunzip on Linux to no avail. What could be the problem?

Thanks.
    selffulfillingprophecy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2006, 08:25 PM
    I tried decompressing the file you sent me but was unsuccessful. I think one of two things happened:

1. The file is corrupted
    2. The file is not a windows file, it is either a unix file or a MAC OS X file

Looks like this file is a program to convert files from c4 to pdf format? I think you can get other free utilities on the net to accomplish such a task.

lol =p

cb
    selffulfillingprophecy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2006, 09:55 AM
    Hi - forwarded an email from Toy w/ the decompressed files. My friend used WINRAR.
    Roel Zylstra Posts: 84, Reputation: 14
    Tech entrepreneur, perpetual student,lover of life

Jul 10, 2006, 11:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by selffulfillingprophecy
    1. The file is corrupted
    2. The file is not a windows file, it is either a unix file or a MAC OS X file

Looks like this file is a program to convert files from c4 to pdf format? I think you can get other free utilities on the net to accomplish such a task.
    1. Yes, the file is corrupted.
    2. All compressed files are openable on any system as long as there is an application built for that system to uncompress it. However, that does not mean that the uncompressed file will run on any system.

I have troubleshot the problem and it appears that IE corrupts the file when it downloads it. Thankfully Firefox works! Very bizarre...

I was looking for a free program to convert tiff to pdf. Let me know if you know of any decent free programs to accomplish this. I looked extensively, but did not find any. In particular I was looking for a command line linux program, but I would like to know of any graphical Windows programs too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search