Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2008, 08:57 AM
    Obamas Infrastructure Project?
    Just wondering if this is what he is talking about.
    YouTube - Marci Kaptur North American Union Cintra
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2008, 10:19 AM

After listening to roughly 7-1/2 minutes of this woman, then only thing I know for sure is that she likes to talk in circles. She rambled on and said basically nothing of substance that I heard. Sounded mostly like a 7-1/2 minute rant on President Bush. Guess we will wait till next year at this time and listen to the same rantings from the same woman about President Obama.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2008, 10:25 AM
    No, she is talking about NAFTA - The North American Free Trade Act. When she refers to "the transportation corridor" she is talking about the way the goods are moved through North America.

Obama's Infrastructure Project is his plan to create jobs by rebuilding the major highways and bridges throughout the country. Remember the bridge collapse in Minnesota?
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2008, 03:22 PM

So are they building this "freeway" or toll road or whatever?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2008, 05:32 AM

Remember the bridge collapse in Minnesota?
    Turns out that bridge was not a result of a "decaying infrastructure " issue . Instead it was a "design flaw" that caused the bridge to collapse
    NTSB: Design flaw led to Minnesota bridge collapse - CNN.com

But hey ; 'decaying infrastructure ' makes a better narrative for the political agenda .

I wonder how the unions will react to Obama's make work NRIA and WPA intiatives ?
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2008, 10:03 AM

I guess we will have to see what finally happens to the UAW to foretell that.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2008, 11:15 AM

The UAW just nixed a half way responsible plan negotiated by a handful of principled Republicans. They can do that because they know Paulson has absolute authority to use TARP money without Congressional intervention to bail out the auto industry.
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2008, 12:29 PM

Quid pro quo
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2008, 01:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    The UAW just nixed a half way responsible plan negotiated by a handful of principled Republicans. They can do that because they know Paulson has absolute authority to use TARP money without Congressional intervention to bail out the auto industry.
    Of course... because not only are we supposed to save their butts, we're supposed to do it on their terms.
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2008, 01:51 PM

Well heck yes, they (UAW) gave the dems almost a fillistbuster proof senate and now they expect payback!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IRR of a project [ 2 Answers ]

I had this as a homework problem & the back of the book had a different answer. If you could just tell me where I made my mistake. Consider a project with the following cash flows. Year Cash Flow 0 -$16,000 1 ...

Project NPV [ 2 Answers ]

How do I figure out NPV if I purchased a dryer for $6000, sell the old one for $2,000. New dryer will last for appx 6 yeas saving me $1,500 on a yearly expense. The opportunity cost of capital is 16% and the tax rate is 40%, how do I figure out the NPV?

View more questions Search