Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xbabycakesxx Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2008, 07:51 AM
    After having unprotected sex how long until I find if I'm pregnant or not?
    I had unprotected sex wiv my boyfriend on the 9th of December and the next day I felt ill and my stomach hurt, I took the morning after pill. But I'm still worried about being pregnant. How long can I wait unitl I take a pregnancy text?
    Please help :)
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2008, 08:08 AM

Usually about 2 weeks after you had the unprotected sex you should get an accurate result. Odds are in your favour that you are not pregnant giving that you took the morning after pill and that getting pregnant in a single cycle doesn't usually happen that quickly for most people.

Dec 12, 2008, 04:28 AM
    My boyfriend would want me 2 have an abortion
    Me and my boyfriend have talked about what we would do if I was pregnant. He says he isn't ready for one yet, he can't afford one and that he want 2 do lots of things before becoming a dad. And he told me if I was pregnant he would defo want me 2 have an abortion. But I don't think I could do that. I think its wrong.

I need some advise
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 12, 2008, 04:29 AM
    The best advice would be not to have sex at all. But since that is not really practical, use protection, 2 or 3 types to be safe.

Dec 12, 2008, 04:51 AM
    We've already had sex and it was unprotected
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2008, 05:02 AM

His feelings should be taken into consideration so I suggest that you insist he use a condom so he can be 99% sure he will not have an unwanted child.

STD's among teens is at an all time high so I would suggest a condom anyway. Even if someone tells you that you are the first or that they never did anything without a condom... do not believe it!

I don't know how old you are but to have unprotected sex and then have the discussion about pregnancy seems a little foolish.

Being a single mother is no picnic and I would suggest you enjoy your life while you can because once you're a parent it's a lifetime commitment!

Choose wisely.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2008, 05:37 AM

Is there a reason this came up? Do you think you might be pregnant? I agree that it's a little backwards to talk about these things after having unprotected sex. I could see talking about it afterwards if you thought you could be. I agree with everyone that you should be using birth control. My husband and I used two different types before we got married and now we're just using one. I had another question though too, does your boyfriend want kids eventually or does he not want kids at all? This might be something you should talk to him about before you even have sex again because anything can happen. I had two friends get pregnant while using the pill. I don't know if they missed a day or didn't take it at the same time every day. I guess what I'm saying is that if you're not comfortable having an abortion- which I sure as heck would be too- then you should be with someone that will support your decision to keep the baby if something happens. Just be careful.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2008, 07:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by xbabycakesxx View Post
    we've already had sex and it was unprotected
    Don't allow it to happen again. If the two of you aren't ready to have and raise a baby, then protect yourself or stop having sex. Since he has already let you know his feelings on the matter, he definitely should be taking steps to be sure it doesn't happen. If he won't do it, then it will be up to you as you are the one who would get pregnant, you are the one who would have to ultimately make the decision of what to do, you are the one who has to protect yourself. Keep in mind that even with protection there will always be a chance of pregnancy, especially if you don't use it exactly as it is intended.

If he won't help you out with birth control, I would think very carefully about why it is you are with him in the first place. If nothing else, at least you know where he stands if something should happen.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2008, 07:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by xbabycakesxx View Post
    we've already had sex and it was unprotected
    Well, stop doing that. Tell him, no protection--no sex. And stick to that.

You two can't have it both ways--having unprotected sex, but with NO plans and no agreement for what happens if you get pregnant.

You didn't say this, but I'm wondering if he's pressuring you for sex but not wanting to use a condom. If he's doing that and you are then having unprotected sex, then YOU are deciding to have unprotected sex as much as he is. If he's irresponsible, that doesn't let you off the hook to be responsible and use birth control or say no. It IS possible to say no to sex, though you may not be feeling like that.
    Wake up.

An unplanned pregnancy isn't a temporary problem.
    ShadyLady Posts: 98, Reputation: 10

Dec 13, 2008, 01:31 AM

He's right at least in admitting that he's not ready to be a father, but he's kind of insensitive.
    He seems kind of a jerk if you ask me. He doesn't want you to get pregnant, but he wants YOU to take all the responsibility of not getting that way.
    He also says he would more of less want to kill his own child. What kind of person is he?
    Now suppose you DO get pregnant. Please don't! This is just a thought. Would you allow him to manipulate you into having an abortion? What if he said he would leave you if you didn't?
    So if you got preganant, refused to have an abortion, and he left you, you would be either raising a child alone, or give it up for adoption.
    Aren't these reasons enough NOT to get pregnant?
    Personally, I don't know if I'd respect someone who would want to kill his own child. I had a boyfriend who told me that once. It changed my view of him, and I'm sure glad I didn't get pregnant by him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Unprotected sex. Am I pregnant [ 7 Answers ]

I and my boyfriend had unprotected sex this month through out... My periods have been delayed by 2 days... I have the usual stomach ache and cramps... but no sign of blood... am I pregnant?? How much delay in periods is considered normal... what measures should I take right now so that I don't...

Unprotected sex during ovulation but no ejaculation. Took emergency pills. Pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex last 30 Oct 2008 at 11 pm until 1am of 31 October 2008. He did not ejaculate inside me since I finished him off by hands long before his ejaculation. I took 4 tablets of Nordette when I got home around 2 am (31 October 2008) then took the next 4 tablets almost 12 hours after...

Unprotected Sex 10 days before period.can I be pregnant? [ 5 Answers ]

I had sex with my boyfriend 2 days after my period.. (Nov 3rd) Now today we had unprotected sex again.. Nov 17th.. and my period is due again Around Nov 26-27... Can I be pregnant? We really are hoping that we are!

View more questions Search