Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blizzardcamper Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2008, 07:34 AM
    Convicted while on probation
    I was 1 month from finishing a 3 year probation sentence, I was then convicted of a misdemeanor and sentenced to another 3 years. Now I found out that I could be violated because the court may not have noticed that I was already in probation. Can the courts actually slip up on something like this? What are my options?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2008, 07:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by blizzardcamper View Post
    I was 1 month from finishing a 3 year probation sentence, I was then convicted of a misdemeanor and sentenced to another 3 years. Now i found out that I could be violated because the court may not have noticed that I was already in probation. Can the courts actually slip up on something like this? What are my options?

Of course the Courts can miss something. I've seen them miss entire records.

You option as I see it is to keep quiet and hope they don't notice. If you want to take the high road, correct the Court and probably do extra time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation revocation process began after offender release date from probation [ 10 Answers ]

My fiancé was sentenced to 5 years probation in 2003. The day before his probation was over Sep. 2nd his P.O. placed him on a probation hold saying that he was in a bar the prior weekend. His 5 year release date from probation was Sep. 3 2008. On Sep 3 his P.O. brought him police reports...

Violation of traffic Probation while on unsupervised crimal probation [ 1 Answers ]

My husband was sentenced 3 yrs unsupervised probation for 2nd degree assault. He already had a case pending for traffic. He hit a car bumper. Was sentenced to supervised probation and to pay fines for damages of 1,000 dollars. We haven't paid the fine yet, we will at tax time we just haven't had...

How long after probation my a convicted felon get a passport? [ 2 Answers ]

How long after a convicted felon gets off probation to get a passprt?

Convicted Felon [ 2 Answers ]

Are there jobs for convicted felons in Dallas, Texas?

Summary probation vs. Formal probation [ 2 Answers ]

If I arrested for under the influence of controlled substance and I'm on summary probation, Would I still be charged with violation of probation the same as if I were on formal probation?

View more questions Search