Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stupidgenius Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2008, 04:08 AM
    vista xlsl file won't read on xp
    I am trying to send an email to a friend containing a file that I created on Microsoft excel 2007,:( but when the other person receives the file they cannot open it :confused:. Is there a format on the save as menu that will let them open it in xp. :confused:
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2008, 04:30 AM
    Resave the file as "Excel 97-2003 Workbook" and resend it to him, that should do it.

Dec 11, 2008, 04:40 AM

That hasn't worked , saying it can't open the filestill, is there something else I need to get like some sort of add on software so I can make it compatible?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 11, 2008, 04:41 AM
    This is what you need: Download details: Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 File Formats

Dec 11, 2008, 05:58 AM

Won't work I give up but thanks anyway
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2008, 05:59 AM
    What does the recipient of the file have installed on his end? Which version of Office?

Dec 11, 2008, 06:14 AM

Not sure but I try and send it to my uncle and its doing the same, don't worry about it I've given up.I will print it out and then scan it on my uncles computer and then send it from his, bit of a ball ache but can't be arsed with trying to understand the workings of it all, cheers to all .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Vista unit can't read CDs burned on XP [ 1 Answers ]

New HP Pavilion with VISTA plays music CDs burned with Windows XP system of Dell Dimension 4800 which had crashed. HP unit will not play previously burned from the XP system Dell computer' CDs that hold digital photos. I loaded new digital photos from my camera to the new HP unit, was able to...

Read the content of .img file [ 0 Answers ]

How do I read and change the contents of .img file in text format.. Pl help.. I am a poor programmer

Convert vista file to xp [ 6 Answers ]

I'm new to computers.I have new laptop on vista.pc on xp.tried to take file to PC via flash drive.wont read it.characters altered.does the file name have to be changed or...

View more questions Search