Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 13, 2006, 07:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Joser
    Does open a faucet mean to drain the entire tank again?
    When I drained it yesterday and had the power shut off to replace the valve-- it read 0psi with the bike pump.
    I assume it will read zero again today after being drained with power off. If so, then I should pump it up to 38psi while it is drained and the power off before turning the power back on and letting it refill???
    Thanks

You don't have to "drain" anything. Just shut the pimp down and open a faucet to drain off the pressure. The gauge will read zero umtil you pressure up the system.

"then I should pump it up(the bladder tank) to 38psi while it is drained and the power off before turning the power back on and letting it refill??

You got it! Let me know! Tom
    Joser Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2006, 01:49 PM
    Using a hand pump while standing on a ladder, I pumped on and off for over an hour and got it up to 20psi. Exhausted, I went over to the neighbors and borrowed their air compressor. It still took me another 15 min. to finally get it up to 36psi (close enough at this point for me).
    Nothing really changed.
    With a hose running, it drops down to about 33psi and kicks on; pressure then goes up to about 58psi and I hear almost a bouncing noise as is shuts off (the noise that started this whole investigation). Then needle jumps with this noise. Then it begins to fall and after 5-10 minutes it starts all over again.
    Thanks a lot, but I may be about done for at this point. My wife says it is time to call the plumber and I have to admit defeat.
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 13, 2006, 02:45 PM
    You have a tank you have to get on a ladder to recharge. Now I need to know the size and model# of your Well Mate Tank. I figured on a small bladder tank when I gave you directions for rechargi8ng. I need to know exactly what I'm dealing with. Sorry for the confusion. Tom

Jul 13, 2006, 02:54 PM
    Well Mate Model WM-25WB
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 14, 2006, 05:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Joser
    Well Mate Model WM-25WB
    Why do you have such a large tank? Is there something about your system that I'm missing? Regards, tom

Jul 14, 2006, 06:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    Why do you have such a large tank? Is there somthing about your system that I'm missing? regards, tom
    I have no idea. It was there when I bought the house.

So far I have replaced the valve and put in around 35psi in the bladder (used to have 0psi).
    The results are:
    1. Now the pump runs for a couple minutes instead of 45 seconds
    2. While watering the yard (with one sprinkler) the gauge will drop slower than before (now about 7 min, before about 3-4min.) before kicking on.
    3. When it shuts off, the "bouncing noise" from the pressure tank is even louder
    Attached Images

Eternal Plumber

Jul 14, 2006, 03:47 PM
    Wow! I wonder why they figured they needed one that big? I couldn't bring up any technical information so I contacted the manufacturer. Will get back to you as soon as I hear from him. Regards, Tom

Jul 14, 2006, 08:11 PM
    Thanks.
    There is something going on with that bladder. 24 hours later I am getting air in the pipes/faucets and sediment that I think is from me stirring up that tank with all that air.
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 16, 2006, 05:13 AM
    I just heard back from the company. The correct setting for your WellMate tank is 4 PSI under cut in PSI. In your case 36 PSI. Perhaps a smaller bladder tank would serve you better. You have directions on how to recharge your tank. Do it and get back to me with the results. Have you checked the air bag inside the tank for integrity? There should be no water at all when you pop the air valve. Cheers, Tom

Jul 16, 2006, 08:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    I just heard back from the company. The correct setting for your WellMate tank is 4 PSI under cut in PSI. In your case 36 PSI. Perhaps a smaller bladder tank would serve you better. You have directions on how to recharge your tank. Do it and get back to me with the results. Have you checked the air bag inside the tank for integrity? There should be no water at all when you pop the air valve. Cheers, Tom
    If you look at one of my previous posts, I already recharged the tank and did get back to you with the results.
    Thank you for all your help over the last week.
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 16, 2006, 09:51 AM
    About the only thing I can suggest at this [point is to change the tank for a smaller bladder tank. I wish I could have helped more. Apologies and all that.regards Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dryer Making Strange Noise [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: My GE Electric Dryer is making a strang "ching-ching" noise with each rotation. But there is nothing in the clothes that would explain this noise. (It is doing this with every load). It is drying the clothes fine, but the noise is very loud and annoying. What is wrong?

Noise from pipes [ 1 Answers ]

Not sure if there is anything I can do about this, I have just moved into a new flat and have found that there is a constant "rushing noise" coming from the pipes. This is 24/7 and only quietens after I quickly turn a tap on and off (but does come back after a few seconds). It seems to emminate...

Noise in pipes overhead? [ 1 Answers ]

About 9 months ago, we changed our old pipes to copper pipes throughout the house. Just recently, we hear funny noises when we turn on the shower in either bathroom. First we hear a tapping of the pipes, not too loud but enough and it sounds like it's coming from over our heads? Why is that?? ...

Gurgling Noise In Pipes [ 7 Answers ]

I have heard a noise for the past month in my water lines, in the wall where the main water shut-off is located. However, it is not constant. It is a humming/gurgling noise in my lines. Im thinking that it originates from my main water shutoff point, because when you put your hand on the valve, you...

Ac Making Loud Noise [ 1 Answers ]

My AC makes a loud noise when cycling. Also it never gets any cooler than 75. Could this be my compressor? How hard is this to fix yourself?

View more questions Search