Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2008, 05:38 PM
    How to adjust carburetor
    I have a **!#$$* Poulan Prolink PPB 250E string trimmer. Just put a new carb on it, thinking that was my problem. It will now at least crank with the choke on and run pretty well, finally winding up to a fairly high rpm. However, no matter how warmed up it gets, when you turn the "choke" from start to run, it will only run with vigorous pulling on the throttle, and finally goes dead after 10 or 20 seconds. I am thinking I need to adjust the carb. What tool is used to turn those little screws?
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2008, 06:37 PM

Never mind. I found the answer at another site. Made a crude adjusting tool out of an electrical wire crimp. Made two adjustments and problem solved. Why would Poulan make such a ridiculous piece of junk? It has not run properly since I bought it, and now, 30 dollars worth of carb later, the problem gets solved with a 10 cent piece of plastic. Why would Poulan make the adjustment screws so difficult to adjust? Why not just a simple phillips head? It's really frustrating, but thank God for a solution at last.
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2008, 06:41 PM

Why do I get the suspicion that federal regs are somehow behind all of this??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gm 2 jet carburetor installation [ 1 Answers ]

I just got a new carburetor for my 62 chevy bel air... its a newer model of the gm 2 jet carburetor... my problem is the new one has more connections and is somewhat different than the original. My knowledge of cars is very limited... this is my first hot rod... I guess my questions is how do I...

Rebuilding carburetor. [ 4 Answers ]

I am getting ready to rebuild my carburetor on an 86 yamaha virago 700 and was looking for some pointers before I start... I've never done this before...

Carburetor ( spelling not to sure ) [ 5 Answers ]

How easy is it to either change or repair the carb on a tecumseh engine on a Murray snowblower?? just got the blower from someone and discovered tonight that it leaks like pretty badly. I have drained out the existing fuel and noticed there is a small spring on the underside of the carb that when I...

How do I install a carburetor? [ 1 Answers ]

:) Hi! I have a motorcycle and I am having problems with it. I need to know how to install a carburetor. I have a '86 Suzuki and I really need help with it. Thank you!:)

View more questions Search