Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Beagle54 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2008, 05:31 PM
    Older dog suddenly lost interest in his evening meal
    Our mature dog -- maybe eight years old -- has eaten two meals a day since we brought him home. Dry food, about a coffee cup full, in the morning and evening. In the last several days, he's simply lost interest in his evening meal. I know some older dogs only eat once a day, but this one has eaten twice a day since we found him. Should we be concerned?
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 10, 2008, 06:30 PM

I think a vet appt. is a good idea. Just to get him a once over! A decrease in appetite could be many things. It could be as simple as a change in their environment. It could also be a gum disease, and his teeth are hurting him. It could even be something more serious, which you would want to catch early. A loss of appetite could mean anything from a hormonal disorder, an illness that could affect the kidneys, liver or pancreas, to cancer or heart disease where fluid builds up in the chect cavity and causes a decrease in appetite. I would get him checked out just to be on the safe side.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2008, 11:20 AM
    See the ''My dog won't eat'' section of the sticky.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Has my husband lost interest in me? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am 26+ and my husband is 32. We are married for 2 and a half year (arrange marriage) but since the first day of my marriage, my husband does not seem to be dying for sex. I was away from him for 11 months (after a duration of 1 month of togetherness) and when we reunite even then he did not...

My girlfriend lost interest in me. [ 6 Answers ]

I've been with my girlfriend for about six months now. In the beginning, especially the first six weeks or so that we were together we'd have sex or play with each other practically whenever we were alone together. I wouldn't have to push her buttons either, she'd through herself at me all the...

Wife has lost interest [ 6 Answers ]

My wife and I got married 8 months ago, we have 2 children together (boy of 6 and girl of 2), and have been together 7 1/2 years. Within weeks of our wedding, she began expressing doubts about whether she loved me. We talked and worked things through and things improved for a few months or so. She...

Cdrom drive is suddenly lost [ 2 Answers ]

When I was shut down my computer then after sometime I restart my computer, my cdrom drive has been lost plzz hel me how I recover it reply me hurry

View more questions Search