Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lindagirla128 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2008, 02:52 PM
    Need to get my tax return records
    Im overseas and I need to get my tax return records for the past 3 years for legal matters what can I do?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Dec 10, 2008, 02:58 PM

Contact the IRS by phone and ask them for the records.

I believe that as long as you can prove you are who you say you are, they will provide the copies for you.

The IRS cannot provide copies of State returns, but the involved State can.

Be aware, that there may be a fee for the copies.
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Dec 10, 2008, 10:41 PM

You can get transcripts of tax return from IRS for free. It can also be faxed. For more info:
    Read copy of tax return and transcripts, Your U.S. Tax Return: The U.S. Income Tax Topics 1

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internal rate of return, net present value, return on invextment [ 1 Answers ]

what do we mean by internal rate of return, net present value and average annual return on investments? What do they imply? And, how are they computed?

How so I find last years tax return records [ 1 Answers ]

I filed my taxes last year and never got a return. Records show they were filed but that is it. Never a confirmation or any refund. What do I do now? Where should I look?

Where can I find my tax return records [ 8 Answers ]

I have had this concern: I am not sure if I got my tax return back last year from IRS? I wonder if they sent a piece of check back to me. I really can't remember, but I don't want to accuse them making mistake. So how do I check see if they have refunded me or not? Thanks

Filing status different for Federal return and State return [ 1 Answers ]

Can I use a different filing status for Federal and State? I got married in October last year, but I and my wife were residing in separate states till early 2007. So, on Dec 31st we were married but did not stay together. For the state I guess we cannot file JOINT because of different states....

How I can fill tax return wihtout my wife ITIN # and show her at my tax return [ 4 Answers ]

I'm a h1 visa holder living New York and my wife joined with me she has h4 visa When I fill this year tax return I want to get benefit how I can get ITIN # for her Yes I know about W-7 form but it's very confision Give me some info please step by step Thanks

View more questions Search