Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kaycee5292 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2008, 02:08 PM
    What to do first when starting a business ?
    Hi my name is Kaycee and I am opening a Spa/Salon in WV. I was wondering what are the steps that I need to do first ? Do I register my business name first and If so how do I do that, and how do I check to make sure that my business name isn't taken already ? Also how do I file for a business license ? Then after all of this is done, what's next ?

Thanks, Kaycee
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Dec 13, 2008, 06:32 PM

You can get free business consulting through SCORE; there are WV offices in Charleston, Huntington, Lewisburg, and Buckhannon (and in neighboring states as well). They also have online help and resources available.

One of the first things I'd put together is a business plan. You can incorporate your business for a reasonable price through LegalZoom. The StartupNation website is a great resource for those starting. You'll also want to avail yourself of the great resources at the SBA site.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Starting business [ 1 Answers ]

I need help starting a small business. Is there a site or somewhere I can get some help walking me through the process of getting started.

Starting business [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm trying to start a small business from home selling baby clothes and acssesories,just selling on eBay at first I have found a few wholesalers, haven't ordered yet its just to make a little extra money but don't have any idea,do I have to register as a business before I order and how do I...

Starting my own business. [ 1 Answers ]

I have been a security guard for 10 years and want to move on to starting my own security agency.I am in the state of Florida so can you tell me what I need to get started? The cost of liscensing and bonds?can I have my office out of my own home?

Starting My Own business [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I came to ask if anyone has experience in setting up a business and what the best way of going about it is. What is likely to be an asset to the company? How should I advertise my business and what are the pro's and con's of starting a business? The company is to sell ready made computers...

Starting my own business [ 4 Answers ]

I am looking to start a business and are there any places where you can get a business plan kit? Also I am looking for financial assistance. Can you help?

View more questions Search