Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clamity_angel Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2006, 01:19 AM
    Is my house haunted?
    Is my house haunted?
    Things keep moving around ill put them in one place then ill find them in another. My little boy who is autistic sees things but he can't tell me what he's seeing but stares and giggles. I hear my name called but when I ask who's shouting me no one in house has. I get strange burning smells and perfume spells too. I am always so tired and drained out I think I seen a black shadow reason say think is I was tired got up to go toilette and saw it floating up my landing am I going mad :confused: help anyone any advise pleaseeeee :)
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2006, 05:24 AM
    When did this start. Do you think it is family members that have passed? Or is there a connection to these experiances from your son?
    clamity_angel Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2006, 06:44 AM
    Thank you for your reply it started 6 years ago I think there's more than one sprit in here I'm not scared just want to know what I have to do to with them and help if they need it :)
    Homecoming Posts: 26, Reputation: 5

Jul 23, 2006, 02:45 AM
    Generally scents of perfume cigar and pipe smells are made from loved ones who have gone to heaven and are back to say hello I'm with you. They manifest an odour that you would associate with them. Black shadows seen out the corner of our eyes and stinky stinky wafts of odour are earthbound souls also known as shadow people. Ordinary human souls that have not gone to heaven for what ever reason.
    Autistic children see everything angels demons earthbounds heaven sents. I think he's reaction would be a good indicator as to who you have around you.
    Earthbounds need energy and will drain yours if you let them. Tell them to stand back now!
    Objects moved are often from a heaven sent soul who's trying to tell you they are about.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jul 23, 2006, 04:50 AM
    I have seen those shadows since I was a young girl and have tried communicating with them to some effect. They appear to be very afraid of me most of the time whereas I have never felt reason to be concerned about them. I also believe there is a spirit/ghost/entity in our house which has been far more interactive. I sometimes hear music and frequently experience cupboard doors and drawers opened. We both believe it to be the man who built the house and so we honour him wherever possible to keep good relations. It is an older house that we have been slowly remodelling and nearly every big project with the house was getting screwed up with some unforeseen #$@%#$ event until we began asking his permission in advance -- so far we're batting a thousand on successful projects. Go figure?

The scientist in me is still skeptical about all this but the mystic in me says to remain open minded. I have never had a harmful experience with a spirit or otherwise.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 23, 2006, 06:39 AM
    Yes this sounds common in most "hauntings"

We lived in a house where it was common to see a shadow coming up the porch and to the front door almost daily, and almost to the minute I would know when we would smell ( either pipe or cigar smoke) It would even trigger my asthma. And often things would just fly ( not fall, fly) off my desk, or off the mantle.

And we had to turn off our indoor motion detectors for our security system, they would go off from time to time. ( not a defect or air or animals, we had them checked alot)

So yes welcome to those that have lived in a huanted house.

By the way, these are normally harmless, I have lived once in a house that had a real "evil" feel and things happened, we moved out of that house the same month.
    ritac Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2006, 01:19 PM
    I moved in a house with a spirit or spirits. My ghost used to shut my shower off and my Tv if I left the room. It was as if They did not want to waste anergy or something. MY mother in law and brother in law blessed the house and it calmed for a while. We still have some things that happen and Yes I have also seen a black shadow and one night I woke up and something black was floating right over me..
    I usually say the lords prayer when this happens. And it calms me down
    flowerchildnea Posts: 44, Reputation: 2

Jul 27, 2006, 01:44 PM
    Hmmmm, I see a lot of interesting things here. But I must say, its hard for me to take myself to a place where I can believe spirits and things of that nature.
    I come from a family that has seen things all their lives, my mom is a big one on these supernatural experiences, but I have no yet seen anything, or felt anything to make me believe that the spirit world exists.

Human beings have 100% of brain power that we CAN use, but we only use 10% of it. Just 10%... When things like seeing ghosts, and smelling things occurs, that's a percent of our brains that is becoming overactive. A lot of these experiences are somewhat self induced... Im scared, and then I see something, I think something is there, and then I see a shadow, I expect the ghost to come at this time, it comes at this time.
    A lot of the time we psyche ourselves into believing certain things, and a lot of the time, they come from within. Internal fear can cause a lot of damage.
    When you are having an uncomfortable experience with what you may think of as a ghost or a supernatural presence, your first reaction would be to pray. And as soon as you do that, you feel like it has gone away, and for the time being you feel safe again. Well the first thing I was to point out is that people who pray are religious, and when you're religious your church, family, parents, friends, pastor tells you that there is a god, and that there is a devil. And we are taught to fear the devil. Why do we see ghosts as something evil, as something to fear. Well what ghosts are is someone's conscience getting the better half of them, telling them that they are being threatened, and then they feel the need to use prayer to get rid of it. Within all of us we have good and evil, but I can't say that angels are demons influence us to do neither good nor bad. Its all within ourselves.
    We commonly associate what we think of as hauntings and ghost sightings, to be scary and evil experiences. Why do we do that, well, because we fear evil... and whatever threatens us is thought of as evil. There's so much more that I want to say, and my thoughts are all jumbled because of that. If anyone has any specific questions I would be happy to answer. In the meantime, I think this topic should continue, its very interesting.

Jul 27, 2006, 03:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerchildnea
    Hmmmm, I see a lot of interesting things here. But I must say, its hard for me to take myself to a place where I can believe spirits and things of that nature.
    I come from a family that has seen things all their lives, my mom is a big one on these supernatural experiences, but I have no yet seen anything, or felt anything to make me believe that the spirit world exists.

Human beings have 100% of brain power that we CAN use, but we only use 10% of it. Just 10%.... When things like seeing ghosts, and smelling things occurs, thats a percent of our brains that is becoming overactive. A lot of these experiences are somewhat self induced... Im scared, and then I see something, I think something is there, and then I see a shadow, I expect the ghost to come at this time, it comes at this time.
    A lot of the time we psyche ourselves into believing certain things, and a lot of the time, they come from within. Internal fear can cause a lot of damage.
    When you are having an uncomfortable experience with what you may think of as a ghost or a supernatural presence, your first reaction would be to pray. And as soon as you do that, you feel like it has gone away, and for the time being you feel safe again. Well the first thing I was to point out is that people who pray are religious, and when you're religious your church, family, parents, friends, pastor tells you that there is a god, and that there is a devil. And we are taught to fear the devil. Why do we see ghosts as something evil, as something to fear. Well what ghosts are is someones conscience getting the better half of them, telling them that they are being threatened, and then they feel the need to use prayer to get rid of it. Within all of us we have good and evil, but I can't say that angels are demons influence us to do neither good nor bad. Its all within ourselves.
    We commonly associate what we think of as hauntings and ghost sightings, to be scary and evil experiences. Why do we do that, well, because we fear evil... and whatever threatens us is thought of as evil. Theres so much more that I want to say, and my thoughts are all jumbled because of that. If anyone has any specific questions I would be happy to answer. In the meantime, I think this topic should continue, its very interesting.
    Although I can understand why you say all that you do here (and many believers of the supernatural fit your description) there are some who don't fit the profile you portray; I am one of them. I am highly sketical whenever I am having one of these events. Additionally, I am neither afraid nor psyching myself out when I see things. I am of a very analytical, scientific nature so there is curiosity on my part, not fear. Additionally, I don't pray to make the things I see go away and am not of a religious background, so I don't have much belief in the concept of evil or sin to motivate me. I have repeatedly said here that I have never experienced being harmed in any way by supernatural things. I am not even sure I like calling them "supernatural" even. But there is more to this than this and sometimes... I see it. I understand that some people don't see it-- I think most people don't and I can easily see why too. And there are those who do see and don't care to discuss it since it is just that much of a non-event too. I just wanted to add this to the mix here, thanks.

Jul 27, 2006, 04:15 PM
    Val,
    Im glad you responded to what I had to say. I am a highly diverse person, I see on both sides of all situations. And I did read what you had to say, I just didn't have enough time to give my opinion on everyone's thoughts on the matter.
    Im also glad that you see where Im coming from with this whole religious thing, religion is a common factor in exorcisms and ideas of demon possession and what not. Possession is big with the catholic church, and many times when someone is said to be possessed, they are either young (looking for attention, or copying what they see on tv), highly religious (the fear of the devil takes a big hold on them), or they are special/crazy (handicapped, special ed, psychotic, whatever you want to call it). Back in the day when the first possessions came to surface, people didn't know a handicapped/crazy person from a normal person, so when someone would go into seizures, or talk under their breath people of a somewhat religious background would think that these people were possessed, and those ideas carry on to this day.
    When I was around 18, I was involving myself heavily in the party, alcohol life. And whenever I drank and would stay the night at friends houses, I would see things. Every night around a certain time (5am) I would come into contact with a being who didn't belong to the house, someone who in other words had already passed away, and was still residing at the house, unwanted. I thought to myself, Im only seeing these things because Im tired, and Im drunk... I don't believe anymore that these occurrences were real, I think I made them up, or thought them up. The only thing that freaked me out, was when I would tell my friends of what happened to me the night before, they would tell me that they had had issues with a supernatural type of experience, and that whoever I was seeing was someone who had died in the house or in the area. Like it would be in the newspaper or something... or they would know the person.
    I think I just have a special gift that allows me to sense things, but I don't think the actual ghost would come to me and talk to me.
    I also didn't mean to say that all of these experiences come from fear, or that they induce fear. I just feel like a lot of it is personal, and sometimes we can make things up in our own minds because of movies we've seen, stories we've heard, and other peoples experiences with ghost/ spirits and what not.
    I am highly skeptic, and I don't believe things until I see them, and can use some sort of science to prove that what Im seeing or feeling, or what someone else is seeing or feeling is the real deal. My bfs mom is always watching these ghost shows on TV, and every time she starts talking to me about how that stuff is real, I get pissed, because it just makes me laugh that people can believe in this sort of thing without even ever having an experience.
    I know Im wrong for feeling this way, but Im the kind of person who doesn't believe until I see. I have had strange experiences before, like feeling like someone is really close behind me. I have had a feeling like someone is talking into my ear, or really close to my ear, but not saying anything. I have experienced lights bursting as soon as I enter a room, and lights going on without me touching them. But I always feel like there's an explanation to all of these things.
    I highly believe in magic, and I believe that the 90% of our brains that we don't use is a part that can allow us to do anything. Fly, disappear, pick up heavy objects that are bigger than us by 10x. We have the power to block out pain, we have the power to kill someone without our bare hands without ever knowing we had that strength. And I don't believe in magic like "oh my god, were did that dove come from" I believe in magic like, how the hell did she know that her sister was going to call. Some people call that ESP or whatever, but that's just a nice term for... dude she's using 12% of her brain.
    What am I saying, hell if I know. Im just speaking my mind. Telling people what I feel about the subject.
    A lot of the time what we feel, like the hairs on the back of our necks standing up, the shadow we see in the distance, the candle bursting. This are all from too much energy being in the same place at the same time. And a lot of the time, our minds will take something that's ordinary, and bring it to the extraordinary. We have the power to do so much, and our minds sometimes remind us of that. I believe you see shadows and things of that nature, but I don't think your seeing ghosts, or spirits. I just think your seeing energy, or your eyes are playing with you.
    Until someone can come to me and say, I have seen an actual person, and they talked to me, then we can talk. But until I see it, or I know of someone close to me who has seen it, and can prove to me through research that they are speaking with, or coming in contact with someone who has passed away, I won't believe in any of this stuff.
    Im open to more... whoever wants to challenge the way I think, or prove me wrong. Im not being *****y or cocky, I kind of want to believe, but I haven't had anyone convince me that I should yet.

Jul 27, 2006, 04:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by clamity_angel
    is my house haunted ??
    Things keep moving around ill put them in one place then ill find them in another. my little boy who is autistic sees things but he can't tell me what hes seeing but stares and giggles. i hear my name called but when i ask whos shouting me noone in house has. i get strange burning smells and perfume spells too. i am always so tired and drained out i think i seen a black shadow reason say think is i was tired got up to go toilette and saw it floating up my landing am i going mad :confused: help anyone any advise pleaseeeee :)
    Hi,
    I honestly think you answered your own question. Our mind can see, and do crazy things when we are tired. One time I stayed up for like 30 hours, and at around 4am on the 29th hour, I went downstairs to get a glass of water, and man let me tell you. I was seeing green blob type creatures sliding across the ceiling, I was hearing voices of anything from small children to deep evil kind of voices. I could have sworn the lights were being weird, I hear doors closing and all kinds of weird things. That's just our mind telling us we are exhausted... go to sleep or Ill scare you into sleeping. And its not like we should fear these things, its just that our mind knows a scary movie when it sees it, and when we watch those kinds of movies, we react in such a way, and the feeling we get is imprinted into our minds. Especially as children. Pur parents say "go to sleep or chucky will eat you" "go to bed or the evil dragon will bite off your toes" So as children these things become a part of us, so when we are tired, those ideas come back. And even though as adults we know that those things aren't real, how much power do we have as tired adults? We can't stop and say... "wait this isnt real" We just want to get the hell out of wherever we're at, and hide under the blankets until we fall asleep. Fake or not, we know fear, because its imprinted into our brains during our childhood years.
    Like I said to Val, I have only seen things when I was drunk, and sometimes I see things when Im tired. But sometimes when Im all alone, and its dark, Ill automatically psyche myself out and say "uhh, what if I see something? What am I going to do? Oh no the candle just blew out, and its windy outside all of a sudden" When were with a lot of people, we don't notice the small things. But when we're alone the small things become all we think about, and we make them bigger than they have to be.
    I want to meet someone who has seen a ghost during the middle of the afternoon, in a well lit room, where a whole bunch of people are hanging out, and talking loudly... then Ill believe. The only time people see things, is usually when they're alone, and its dark. Wheres the reality in that? Just think about it.

Jul 27, 2006, 04:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by valinors_sorrow
    It is an older house that we have been slowly remodelling and nearly every big project with the house was getting screwed up with some unforeseen #$@%#$ event until we began asking his permission in advance --
    Yeah... you know what's happening here. Older house have had a lot more people living in them. So its possible that the energy of these people is still hanging around, but I don't believe that they actually are. You know how when someone sings a certain note, or when someone yells, or does something really loud (physically) the hair on the back of your neck stands up, or you get goose bumps. That's just all of they're energy making its way to you, and it has a physical affect. So when a certain event happens in someone's home, and its something big like a death, or a fight.. that energy stays with the house, and it somewhat replays itself. So a lot of the time, we are just feeling energy, or even seeing energy.
    About remodeling, well, dude seriously... when people are remodeling especially when its an old house, there is so much room for things fall, or break, or move, or whatever. Its not like the ghosts are granting you permission to fix up they're house, its more like the actual home is. Sometimes when these things happen when your remodeling, you begin to psyche yourself out thinking that the previous owner is upset with you. But what it is is just your fear getting a hold of you (not like Im scared fear, just fear of rejection, like the ghost may not agree with what your doing... And Im not saying I believe in ghosts, Im just saying that this may be what your subconsciously thinking) And when you are afraid like that you start to do things like put a light in wrong, or use the wrong color, or misplace something, and all this time you think the ghosts are doing these thing, but its just you. And when you ask the ghosts to allow you to fix they're home, or whatever you ask, its more like a personal breather, and your mind becomes relaxed at the thought that you've made peace with these ghosts, but in reality, your just making peace with yourself. And that allows you to work better, and more clearly. And if your around someone who is physically doing the work, and your either foreseeing, or helping, your fear of ghosts messing with things can have an affect on other people, and cause them to mess things up as well. And when they know that you've made peace (you think its with the ghost, I say its with yourself) then the person who's physically doing the labor is also at peace.
    I know I talk a lot, but I like to give my opinion. I try to make sense of things, and sometimes what I say makes more sense because you can work with it on a more realistic level.

Jul 27, 2006, 05:08 PM
    The house has had only two owners -- the man who built it, lived in it and died in it and us. We do the ask permission thing partly out of jest LOL and partly out of respect for the man and the house. I keep telling you there is no fear in this entire topic for me but you just don't seem to believe me... shrugs. So I take it I am imagining the opened cupboards then too? LOL
    avaadore70 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2006, 11:01 AM
    Hi there,

Just thought I would let you know that I work with children who have disabilities & have heard from many people that autistic children often experience paranormal phenomena - I have also seen several A&E documentaries about the subject. It's almost like children with autism can see things we can't. They will sometimes laugh, point or seem interested in "nothing." I have heard that ghosts will communicate with these children because they have more of a tendency to listen/look at the ghosts and it is easier to grab their attention because of their innocence.

I found this quick write-up that you may want to check out: http://farshores.org/saghost1.htm
    Just scroll down to about the half-way point on the page.

Hope that helps!
    :)
    NightAlone Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

Sep 19, 2006, 05:04 PM
    Lol This might not have anything to do with the last comment, but I've been reading everyone's ghost stories/experiences for a while now, and commented on most, and I have to admit, I'm scared sh*tless.
    Tommi Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2006, 12:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerchildnea
    Hi,
    I want to meet someone who has seen a ghost during the middle of the afternoon, in a well lit room, where a whole bunch of people are hanging out, and talking loudly... then Ill believe. The only time people see things, is usually when theyre alone, and its dark. Wheres the reality in that?? Just think about it.
    Ok, here I am. I see energies in the day and night. I have seen them with my family and friends around. My friends have witnessed doors open and objects move and my pets have followed them. No, we weren't drunk or on drugs during these occurrences. My daughter doesn't see them but hears and feels them. She saw them when she was a toddler, though. I have seen, heard, smelled and felt them since I was a very young girl. I am what is known as a sensitive. My first experience was at the age of 8 and it was in the middle of the day with my grandmother in a well known (but not to me at the time) occupied building. When I say occupied I mean what most would call haunted but I don't like that word. I live with them almost daily. There is no threat and I do not have a psychological condition that would make me have hallucinations.
    NightAlone Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

Sep 23, 2006, 04:46 AM
    WOO Go super Tommi! Thanks for posting on my threat, too.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Oct 25, 2006, 08:59 AM
    Anything that comes into your house uninvited and begins messing with your stuff is hostile in my book. Furthermore, I have had my music cds hurled to the floor repeatedly. Now I have paid my good money for those cds and I'm sure that if they are damaged on impact the entities that are doing the throwing aren't going to reimburse me for the damage! If they have nothing else to do why don't they try diving into a latrine!
    ghostrocker1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2006, 08:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by clamity_angel
    is my house haunted ??
    Things keep moving around ill put them in one place then ill find them in another. my little boy who is autistic sees things but he can't tell me what hes seeing but stares and giggles. i hear my name called but when i ask whos shouting me noone in house has. i get strange burning smells and perfume spells too. i am always so tired and drained out i think i seen a black shadow reason say think is i was tired got up to go toilette and saw it floating up my landing am i going mad :confused: help anyone any advise pleaseeeee :)
    Dear person u are not going mad u are right our lights flicker and our computer makes noises.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Nov 1, 2006, 12:26 AM
    The brain can cause s to see, feel, smell, and taste without any exterior stimuli.
    Its called hallucinating and can be caused by a chemical imbalance of the brain involving its neurotransmitters. I suggest that you see a physician, explain your symptoms, and perhaps some medication might be the solution.

http://av.rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9ibyK5...tion/intro.htm

Sorry I didn't see your request for advice before.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My house is haunted [ 23 Answers ]

The other night I found this site by typing in 'how do you know if your house is haunted'.Well, after reading what others wrote I began piecing things together. I am sure that my house is haunted. I would like to find out the history of this house (it was built in 1888) but I don't know where to...

Is my new house haunted? [ 11 Answers ]

We built and moved into a house 8 months ago. We have one room that we had some Bali statues and tribal mask in for decoration. Since we added these we have had a few people house watch for us who did not like the room. My mother stayed and put all the Bali stuff in a bag in the garage because they...

My house is haunted! [ 17 Answers ]

I've always had ghostly experiences since I was 2 years old. I am 51 now. We just purchased another home 5 months ago. The very first night we stayed here (my gr'daughter and I) hubby was out of state working, we were going to sleep in one of the bedrooms.I heard a bunch of whispering, like a...

Is the house haunted [ 9 Answers ]

I've been going round a friend of mines house now for about a year. Everything was fine until about three months ago when strange things started to happen it started with small things like things being moved or going missing and then finding them in different places where I know for a fact I did...

How can I tell if my house is haunted? [ 43 Answers ]

:o Weird things have happened off and on the past 4 years we've lived in our house. It was terrible at first. Terrible dreams about the house, about bodies buried in the walls. It felt like there was a male spirit present at times, not a good one but maybe wanting to scare us? My daughter, for...

View more questions Search