Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pattiv Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2008, 08:06 AM
    Life of wine
    I have a bottle of 2001 Cabernet Sauvignon California wine from the Graceland Cellars. Is the wine still good to drink?
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2008, 08:13 AM

YES!
    Reds get better with age, while whites do not age well.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2008, 09:26 PM
    It should be great as long as it was not stored in heat.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2008, 09:54 PM
    Yes... California cabs are often drinkable within a few short years... your wine probably isn't overaged one bit. The cab is renowned for its ability to age well... stored properly? That's for you to know and find out.

Open it and enjoy your king cab.

Salute!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cooking wine vs dry red wine [ 16 Answers ]

Hi all: Thank you for reading/responding to this post. I am making what I hope will be a rich, yummy roasted onion soup... the recipe calls for dry red wine... my wife picked up a red cooking wine... will this work, or be too strong? Or should I just go get that dry red wine..? Any help...

Shelf life of wine [ 1 Answers ]

What would be the shelf life of a 1999 Cabernet sauvignon?

I lost the love of my life, my life doesn't make sense anymore [ 4 Answers ]

I lost mybestfriend and love of my life 2 weeks ago and I don't understand my lifes purpose anymore, we had a connection so strong this doesn't make sense, everything I did in my over the past 22 years was for me however the constant knowing we would be together, we had 3 years to go before...

Wine Age [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, totally ignorant here... but, I have a 1967 Bottle of Château Beausejour bordeaux table wine... first, is it still going to be any good? Second, if I don't drink it, is it worth anything of value? Thanks!

Red wine shelf life? [ 6 Answers ]

What's a safe estimate for storing unopened red wine if you don't have a wine cellor or cooler? I just keep it in a cool and dark place, but don't want to risk it turning. How long do I have? Janie

View more questions Search