Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    swtlilatowngurl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2008, 10:46 PM
    60 Day Garnishment
    I owed an apartment money they started garnishing my wages and said it was a 60 day garnish then I can set up payments if its not paid off yet. I was on strike thew boeing during the time they placed this court order for it to start on sept 19th so 60 days would be nov 19 but would the time count threw the time I was on strike?? Please someone help they garnished my last pay check that was on the 4th but my payperiod was going on during the garnishment should that be my last paycheck to get garnished? I won't make rent for our family if we get garnished again someone please help

Thank you
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2008, 07:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by swtlilatowngurl View Post
    I owed an apartment money they started garnishing my wages and said it was a 60 day garnish then i can set up payments if its not paid off yet. i was on strike thew boeing during the time they placed this court order for it to start on sept 19th so 60 days would be nov 19 but would the time count threw the time i was on strike??? ???? ??? please someone help they garnished my last pay check that was on the 4th but my payperiod was going on during the garnishment should that be my last paycheck to get garnished?? i wont make rent for our family if we get garnished again someone please help

Thank you

I never heard of a 60 day garnishment that then got lifted so you could make other arrangements. What State?

Do they have a Judgment against you? They must if they've filed a garnishment.

If they have a garnishment no matter what they told you they can take a percentage of every check until the Judgment is paid off. My assumption is if they said X weeks they meant $X - an amount before the "time" expired.

Again, this is strange language - I could understand an agreement that after $X was taken directly from your paycheck they would make other arrangements. I find the X days to be confusing.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 10, 2008, 07:27 AM

And it is easy to get another garnishment, have you not talked to them to set up payment arrangements like they asked?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wage garnishment or bank account garnishment? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. Where do I start? I was looking up my name in my local county court records because I'm paying off a debt of 800 plus interest that I do NOT owe. I saw that a judgement was entered for 10x that amount for a voluntary repo on a lease vehicle back in August of 2002. Luckily, I was in the...

Ca garnishment [ 1 Answers ]

How many creditors can garnish your wages?

Garnishment in GA [ 1 Answers ]

I had a truck that was stolen several years ago. I owed several thousand on the truck, the insurance company only paid off a portion of the loan leaving me with a deficiency balance. I have a judgment against me and know facing garnishment. The amount of the garnishment is $10K, but the judgment...

IRS garnishment [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently had my wages garnished from my second job. Can they do this, they took the WHOLE check. Also, is it to late to set up a payment plan. I have not called... I've been to scared to face the amount of money that I owe and have ignored all attempts. :confused:

Garnishment [ 1 Answers ]

I have two checking accounts, one is joint in mine and my husband name that other is just in my name. The collector has put a freez on the account that is just in my name, can they also put a freeze on the joint account as well? Also, How do collector find out where you have an account with?

View more questions Search