Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dchandler Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2006, 06:13 PM
    Neck rash
    A few years ago I began to notice a rash on one side of my neck. Today it has progressed to both sides of my lower face and down both sides of my neck. It is dark and splotchy. Any idea what might be causing this discoloration?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jul 7, 2006, 02:29 PM
    It's difficult to give you a diagnosis over the Internet. It sounds like you may have eczema or psoriasis. Please see a dermatologist to get a diagnosis and proper treatment.
    zikezx Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2006, 03:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyLady
    It's difficult to give you a diagnosis over the Internet. It sounds like you may have eczema or psoriasis. Please see a dermatologist to get a diagnosis and proper treatment.

Hello,

What are the signs or indications that you have already eczema or psoriasis?
    -

Jul 9, 2006, 04:58 PM
    The most common symptoms of psoriasis are thick, red patches known as plaques, and dry, silvery scales. These appear most often on the scalp, face, elbows, knees, palms, and soles of the feet. Heredity also have some role in this condition. Psoriasis occurs when your immune system (your natural protection against bacteria, viruses, and other foreign invaders) does not work properly, and starts changing the behavior of your own skin cells. No one knows what triggers this.

Eczema, also called atopic dermatitis, is a chronic, inflammatory skin disorder. Its main features are blisters that dry to become scaly, itchy rashes. The skin becomes dry and itchy because too much moisture is lost from its upper layer. This leaves the skin without protection, making it easy for bacteria and viruses to penetrate. People with eczema often have a personal or family history of allergic conditions like asthma or hay fever. There is no cure, but treatments can reduce symptoms and help prevent outbreaks.

If you think you have eczema or psoriasis, your best bet is to visit a dermatologist. Dermatologists specialize in diagnosing and treating skin conditions.

Jul 10, 2006, 10:05 AM
    My skin allergy last time was forming blisters in circle and then it will heal first at the center then to the sides.. it blemishes and leaves red spots.. when it heals it forms scales on it... the dermatologist says it is skin asthma..

Is skin asthma related to psoriasis and Eczema? Your description on both are somewhat the same on my case.. maybe I did have this..
    -

Jul 13, 2006, 10:41 PM
    Skin asthma and eczema are related. People who are diagnosed with skin asthma can develop eczema and vise versa.

People with skin asthma have very dry skin. The skin becomes even thicker and drier, sometimes even visibly cracked. Aside from the dryness, skin asthmatics also have very itchy skin. So they tend to scratch a lot. The scratching causes the darkening and thickening of the skin, especially in areas behind the knee and in the crease of the arm. Scratching can also cause more cracks and breaks in the skin, again providing an entry point for bacteria and fungi. The use of antibiotics, anti-itch medications, and various creams and lotions may help minimize these attacks. If your skin appears scaly, it might be eczema.

Jul 19, 2006, 08:25 AM
    Is it possible that the skin asthma would probably attack again on my skin? I use only soap which are hypoallergenic.. and how can I get rid of dark spots on my skin?
    -

Jul 20, 2006, 05:39 PM
    It's possible that your skin asthma will attack again. Sometimes certain triggers can bring on symptoms. You should try to avoid the factors that may be triggering your asthma. This includes reducing contact with anything that you are allergic to, such as animal hair, pollen or perfumed cosmetics. Always wash your hands after touching things that trigger your asthma. If the symptoms persist, you must see a medical professional.

The use of a fade cream may help fade the dark spots. Chemical peels and laser treatment can also treat dark discoloration on the skin. You might want to visit your dermatologist, he/she can prescribe a product to you to get rid of the dark spots.
    starlite Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2006, 05:45 AM
    If ever you are suffering from psoriasis or even eczema, then why not get into contact with the jdhealthcare dermatology clinic http://www.jdhealthcare.com/dermatology.html#4. They have a good team of professionals that can assist you in getting the best treatment and service for your problem. My friend has been referred to them for her skin problems too, she had eczema, and is still undergoing treatment presently.you can request free quote or get in to contact with them for more information at the web address I mentionned above.
    Hope this has been of help to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cancer of neck Stage 4 [ 14 Answers ]

Hi I'm new here , I'm crasping at straws at this stage of the game but thought what the heck. I was diagnosed about 3 months ago and it has been a real roller coster ride. I'm not going into a lot of detail, just going to tell you what I'm taking as alternative. MSM PAU d'ARCO TEA 4-5 CUPS A...

Neck rash (pimple like) [ 2 Answers ]

OK so wo years ago I got this thing on my neck I assume that it's a rash it looks like I have pimples on my neck and they itch but, if I scratch them then they hurt. Anyway they went away for a while and now they are back and I don't know how to get rid of them. Help what should I do.:confused:

A pain in the neck [ 2 Answers ]

:eek: I just had yet another test done. I went to an ENT he checked my hearing. My left ear buzzes and clicks. He wants me to get an MRI of the brain and a complte blood workup. He assured me that it was not in fact caused by the pinched nerves in my neck or my anti inflamatory drug I have been...

Up To Neck In... it! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi & Thanks in advance for any assistance... I recently bought my 2 story on concrete foundation (no basement or crawlspace) home and all was well for 1st couple of months. Home is 6 yrs old and previous owner acted as the sub when house was built and claimed he kept no blueprints. (our...

View more questions Search