Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aprilmiddleton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2008, 08:37 PM
    Closed adoption how do you find your biological family?
    My husband was adopted and wants to find his biological famliy. He would like to know if he has brothers or sister and we would like to know famliy med history please help me get stared in the rite place.

Thank you any one that can help
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 9, 2008, 09:14 PM

Has he talked to his parents and asked them for copies of his adoption papers they would have received when he was adopted?
    sunshinemw2 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2008, 07:16 AM

All my adopted parents have is a birth certificate nameing them my parents nothing on it about biological family no where
    spanglish30 Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Feb 2, 2009, 10:00 PM

These are tricky when they are closed adoptions.But there has to be ways around it.
    You may have to hire an attorney?
    Or write or email the show"The Locater".
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 2, 2009, 10:12 PM

I never want to all adopted parents wrong, but when they went to court, they got ( or at least the ones I know got) a adoption paper work, on it was the case and info from the adoption. Most I would say maybe throw it out so you never see it,
    But I found them in many cases I have looked at.

So you start there, but short of that, you post your data on every adoption site you can think of,

If your state allows you to, have a letter put in your adoption file in case the other parents are looking for you.
    foreverjerry420 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2009, 10:59 PM
    When and where was your husband born because I am looking for my brother who was given up for adoption

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I need to open adoption records on closed adoption [ 13 Answers ]

:confused: I am looking for my son I keep hitting roadblocks today I found out it was a closed adoption I need to know how to get these records opened

How do I find my birth parents names? (closed adoption) [ 28 Answers ]

I am adopted and I was just wondering if anyone new a faster and more discreet method of finding birth parents other than having to go to court and have the papers opened. I have tried going to various websites to try to find them but I have a huge problem. I don’t know my birth parents names and...

Closed Adoption [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering can I get the records on a closed adopiton. I would like to get my dads records because he died when I was 3 years old. :( If you can help me let me know please. Kaitlyn

Closed Adoption [ 4 Answers ]

I was adopted through a closed adoption. How can I find my birth mother?? There has to be a way. I am 21 years old. I do not know her name, age, or birth date. I do know the hospital I was born at and the attending physician. I also know she was of Irish-Norwegian decent. I have no real...

Closed adoption [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find my twin who was adopted at birth. I have no information on who adopted her or what her adopted name is. What is the best way to find her?

View more questions Search