Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jackeen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2004, 04:44 AM
    Graves disease hyperthyroid?
    I was having pre op blood work done 2 weeks ago and got results of tsh back <0.01 I was then sent to an endo doc who ran more tests free t3 and 4, only one to come back high was the free t3.and that was only mildly elevated to 4.8 He called and told me I had graves disease. On examination he said I had hyper reflexes and hand tremors other then that I am fine. My problem is that he wants me to go on meds for a few months (ptu) and my hysterectomy has been cancelled until further notice. WHY? I really want to get this over with, can a doc diagnose graves so easily?Please help
    ladyandjan Posts: 191, Reputation: 4

Jan 15, 2006, 05:13 AM
    I hope you have had another opinion regarding the diagnosis for Graves disease. The range for determining thyroid disease has been changed in 2005. I have hypothyroidism and have had a second and third opinion to make sure that is what I have. Would suggest you do the same to rule out anything else before being put on a lifetime of medicine you may not even need to take.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 15, 2006, 07:01 AM
    Old Thread
    Hi dear, sorry to say this, but please check the dates of the posts, as you just answered a post from the year 2004, and nothing else has been added to this since then. Don't worry, though, this happened to me a few times too - I just check more from now on.

Belated Happy New Year!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chromes Disease [ 14 Answers ]

Can anyone give me some information about Chromes disease? What organs does it attack? Does it attack any bones? What does it do?

Celiac disease [ 3 Answers ]

I have celiac disease and was wondering if my break outs on my face neck and head are related to the disease its like bumps in clusters and they hurt itch and takes a while to go away. Really annoying due to the fact I stopped wearing makeup like 3 years ago now back to putting concealer on because...

Lung Disease [ 4 Answers ]

I first had a collapsed lung back in l999. About a month ago, I ate lunch consisting of cottage cheese and yogurt and not long thereafter fell asleep. I awoke with severe wheezing and wondered if I would ever be able to catch my breath. I felt as if I were having an asthmatic attack. Can anyone...

Addison's Disease [ 2 Answers ]

This isn't really a question but more of a informational statement. I posted earlier about my dog not eating (see what's wrong with my dog). I have a 6 year old lab that just stopped eating one day. Long story short, I took her to the vet, she was diagnosed with a blockage, we thought she had...

Kidney disease and deafness [ 1 Answers ]

Could you please tell me if a parent has kidney failure and kidney disease if a child is conceived could that child be born deaf. My husband died of kidney failure and was 100% disabled because of operations done wrong. He died in VA hospital. My son is deaf and he has it so hard to find work. ...

View more questions Search