Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Juicy Brucey Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2006, 05:12 PM
    Teacher certification on line?
    Hi!

Have any of you folks had experience with or investigated teacher certification on line? I like the idea of taking tests and really studying. Plus I went to college for an accumulative 5 years in several countries. Can any of you recommend a recognized program?

Thanks!

JB
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 6, 2006, 05:27 PM
    There was only one college in the US that offered an accreded teacher certification program. ( but I am sorry I really have forgotten which one it is) Some have masters programs for already certified teacher,

But even the one that offered online, still have to work with a local school for you to do an internship with. ( student teaching)
    starryeyed Posts: 49, Reputation: 6

Sep 8, 2006, 11:33 AM
    If you have a total of five years uni under your belt, how about getting all your academic transcripts together and seeing if a Uni would give you credit for them... I know that some Australian Unis let you do your teaching theory as post-graduate, off campus studies... But you still need to complete a practicum... Anyway - you should also check out which Uni gives you the most support and the best training... Teachers have high rates of high blood pressure and burn out, and provide kids with formative experiences... For your own sake - quality of teacher training is not something to skimp on.
    tracygray Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2007, 02:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicy Brucey
    Hi!

Have any of you folks had experience with or investigated teacher certification on line? I like the idea of taking tests and really studying. Plus I went to college for an accumulative 5 years in several countries. Can any of you recommend a recognized program?

Thanks!

JB
    Yes, University of Phoenix. They might take your credits, also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teacher Burn Out? [ 7 Answers ]

I am a former middle school teacher of 12 years and I eventually burned out. I loved teaching but I couldn't sustain the level of involvement required to be an EXCELLENT teacher. I didn't want to be anything less than that. How many of you have suffered from teacher burn out? Stories?

This teacher needs an answer... [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know what the following code means: OA9 OA4 TRI The zeros actually have a slash through them although I can't show that using my keyboard. I believe the TRI refers to TriCities Airport in Blountville TN. Any idea??

Kid wrongly accuses teacher [ 5 Answers ]

Hello... my husband has been teaching at a school for 6 months. (he has been a teacher for 20 years at other schools)... He did not like the school he was teaching at for 6 months, so he gave notice in May that he is quitting on June 30th, when the semester ends... On June 1, when all the kids...

Teacher training interview [ 3 Answers ]

I have an interview and need to know some answers to these questions? 1. what do you think primary teachers should know in order to be effective in the classroom? 2. The Primary National Strategy is based on the Principles of excellence and enjoyment. Is it possible for a teacher when planning...

View more questions Search