Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    honeycleary Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2008, 04:41 PM
    How to enroll in a school without a transcript of records?
    To God be the Glory!I am a 25 yr old Single Parent of two lovely kids, at present I don't have stable job, I am living in with my Uncle's family, I came to Manila, Philippines to seek for any kind of legal job, but most of them requires transcript certifications,etc. I did not finish my studies, I didn't acquire high school diploma I only did and doing self studies so that even though I don't have enough money to support my education, at least I myself striving to learn throughmy own ways. Every time I get a chance to attend a seminar, workshop, or training, I go for it. I am a volunteer teacher for kids at Sunday schoolI love teaching and caring for kids, they are one of my interests, I love to cook, I can do massage, I know how to do all kinds of housechores but even though I knew that I have the capacity to do all those things, I can't apply for any job just verbaly, most of the employers need proof.Now, I wish to go abroad be a caregiver there or, nanny or housekeeper but I can't even enroll at any caregiver school here in Marikina City as they need transcript of records I only reach 3rd yr high school. I am begging for any help you can contribute, I don't need financial help, I just need to know where to find training center for caregiver course without asking for my transcript, I am willing to undergo qualifying exams if needed. HELP ME, ANY KIND OF RELATED HELP/INFORMATION YOU MAY GIVE, FOR THE FUTURE OF MY KIDS.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 9, 2008, 04:45 PM

While self study is good, can you not go back to adult education program to get a certificate
    honeycleary Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2008, 05:10 PM
    I can't as it will take years to get diploma, what I want to know if there is any institution that can give me a qualifying exam that can determine if I am eligible for any higher steps in college than high school
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2009, 05:08 PM

Where did you last school?You cannot continue studying without that records though you may temporarily enroll provided that you'll show evidences like school card, ID etc but that record is very important. The school may request it for you, write that old school you are from but if it won't arrive in time, they will ask you to stop attending. Actually once you are done in HS you won't need qualifying exams, since you got one more year left other than entrance exam for college youa re interested to go in to.

PEPT (a.k.a acceleration exams) is provided by Dept of Educ but still you must be enrolled since it is issued through school. It is normally given to exceptional or overage students. If you stopped at 1st year alone, you must be enrolled and may jumped all the way to college on the following year but since you got one more year left, you must just finish it. Normal age of graduating in HS is 16-17yrs old.
    jolin1008 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2009, 02:12 PM
    You can get a GED. A General Education Diploma. In Washington, all you have to do is pay like 50 bucks and you can take a test in each subject; Math, Science, History. If you pass all 3, then you get a diploma. Same as a high school diploma, just easier, faster and usually looked as for the lazy, or people in serious need to get into college.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to find transcript from closed school [ 48 Answers ]

How do I find my transcript from a closed school?

Need transcript from closed school [ 1 Answers ]

Attended/Graduated from Universal Diesel & Construction Mechanic Schools, Inc. (Miami, FL) in 1977. Used veteran's benefits for this training. School now closed and I need a transcript. Can anybody help me?

Transcript from closed down school [ 6 Answers ]

I need to find my transcript from a business school that has closed down. How would I do that?

How to get a transcript from a closed school [ 1 Answers ]

Graduated from RCA Technical Institute - Cherry Hill, NJ. School has been closed for years who can I contact to get information on my transcripts?

View more questions Search