Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2008, 11:27 AM
    Illinois Governor and chief of staff jailed!
    The Illinois governor and his chief of staff are in jail for allegedly trying to sell Obama's vacated senate seat to the highest bidder?
    Guess federal politics have/will not changed. Still the same old corruption. He was trying to get a seat paying 250K to 300K for himself either in a nonprofit or union.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2008, 11:37 AM

No only getting bolder and more creative!
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2008, 01:25 AM

I think I have figured them out. When you see a politician acting as if he or she cares about the people and start talking tough as if they are going to do something about it, they are probably under investigation or know they are going to be arrested tomorrow.
    God I love it when one of the phony bastards goes to jail!

Watch the video.

Illinois Governor Suspends Business With Bank Of America
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Dec 10, 2008, 12:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    No only getting bolder and more creative!
    He should have put it up on E-Bay ;)

g&p
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2008, 04:27 PM

It will continue as long as we allow lobbying and huge campaign chests. Plus the pardoning of the ones who are caught and jailed, which makes the prosecution a joke. So they go up for a year (if that) for stealing two million, which in the end isn't a bad rate of pay for sitting at some Federal country club for a year. Then, get pardoned and lobby for a few years at similar rates.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2008, 04:11 AM
    This is just the logical extension of machine politics and patronage. What is the difference between this and Joe Kennedy buying JFK his first Congressional seat ?

Edit

1960 JFK wanted his Senate seat to go to the swimmer(Teddy Kennedy) . But Teddy was too young for the position. So he arranged with the Guv of Mass. To fill the seat with his good buddy Ben Smith, a Harvard roommate and the mayor of Gloucester, Mass.
    Now JFK and the Guv Foster Furcolo were political rivals .Furcolo wasn't entusiastic in doing JFK's bidding .But Kennedy sat the Guv down and negotiated... an "extremely frank give-and-take" according to Teddy Kennedy biographer Burton Hersh.

Earlier it was revealed that Joe Biden's vacant seat will be filled by his Senate Chief of Staff Ted Kaufman. Not accusing anything here ;but one does have to wonder what quid pro quo went into that deal .I am pretty sure Biden wants his son Beau Biden to inherit the seat as soon as it becomes available after he returns from his tour in Iraq .

The thing is ; we know OB1 has met with Guv Blogo... we have the pictures to prove it. If Obama doesn't come clean this will dog him throughout his Presidency ;just like Whitewater did to the Clintoons.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2008, 09:10 AM

I loved Lettermans top Ten last night:

For $10,000 you can be the Pope.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2009, 01:06 AM

Several Illinois governors have gone to jail an he will be the next. He not only tried to get some payola for the Senate Seat, he also tried to get the editorial board members of the Chicago Tribune fired for being critical of his administration and asking for his impeachment, in exchange for releasing some state funding for the sale of a Tribune owned property - Wrigley Field. And he tried to strong-arm the head of Children's Memorial- the main children's hospital here in Chicago - for a huge campaign donation in exchange for state hospital funding. And he tried to do the same for multiple other deals.

Now he won't resign, and is wasting more tax dollars and paralyzing the state from getting anything done in a terrible financial time because he's so cheap, he can only think of his own paycheck. His wife's a cheat, too. It's unreal.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2009, 01:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob View Post
    I loved Lettermans top Ten last night:

For $10,000 you can be the Pope.
    For $19.50 I can become a licensed minister.

Progressive Universal Life Church - Ministerial License

The sad thing is, that in most places in the U.S. it would be legally recognized as being legitimate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Out-of-state office space used by local staff, with a sleeping room 4 staff travelers [ 1 Answers ]

Can I rent an out-of-state office space used by local staff, with a sleeping room for other staff travelers? I run a tutoring program out of state, that requires me and the other officers of the company to visit for training and managing. Instead of paying exorbitant hotel fees, if our company...

8 hp B&S Governor and carb adjustments [ 3 Answers ]

I have an 8hp B&S engine Model: 190432, Type: 6117-01, Code: 92093010. It is installed on a White chipper/shredder. It starts on the first pull every time (with choke closed). It runs smoothly until I try to open the choke, then begins to stall. If I close the choke it picks back up and sometimes...

Governor and choke b&s 9 hp [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 9 hp b&s that will only run with the choke on full. Also need to know how to adjust governor

Can I be jailed for not complying to paternity test suit? [ 6 Answers ]

I live in Ma. And my boyfriend walked out on his 1 week old child. He never signed the birth certificate because he is insisting on a paternity test. I refuse to give consent for a test because I don't want him to be a part of our child's life if he is only going to be there part time. I have...

Governor [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, well I am still working on the 16hp briggs engine.. got everything redone but can't get the cover on where the governor is attached.. is there a trick to getting it on, does the inside piece have to be in a certain position. When I slide the cover into place it lockes up the adjuster on top of...

View more questions Search