Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2008, 09:19 AM
    Connect laptop with XP to laptop with Vista
    Easiest way to connect laptop with XP to laptop with Vista
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Dec 11, 2008, 09:17 AM

It depends on what you are after. A network to share files, printers, etc. or you just want to transfer files. A USB memory stick is the easiest at first. But a network is the best long term solution.

You will need to connect each of your computers to an Ethernet Switch or via a Wireless Access Point or Router.

Then enable File and Printer Sharing and setup each of the computers on the same workgroup.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing xp on a laptop that has vista oem. [ 6 Answers ]

My girlfriend's father has bought a toshiba laptop which has vista pre-installed. She asked me to install winxp because of the delay when she tries to open any program and such. Ok, I put the winxp cd in and booted, then I got to the format drive and I get a blue screen. Why does this happen any...

How to connect a laptop with a CPU [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a laptop with Windows Vista OS and a CPU (with out monitor). Windows 2003 and SAP XI is installed in the hard disk which is there in the CPU. I am not interested to buy a monitor now. I would like to connect the CPU to my laptop. Could you suggest me, how can I access the...

How I can connect PC and laptop? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi sir, I have one qution. How I can connect PC and laptop with cross over cable? If you want any chang in my PC then tell me. Please tell me about ip address of both PC. Please give me step for connection.

Connect laptop to PC [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a novice when it comes to computers so can somebody help please. I have a desktop machine with a broadband connection and want to occasionally connect my laptop to the same connection instead (or as well as if possible). Both have Windows XP with service packs installed. I thought it would be a...

XP laptop networked to Vista PC [ 1 Answers ]

I have lost the wireless connection on my laptop and cannot connect to my desk PC or the internet. I have checked and double checked every setting and what I am getting now is looking for IP address, and it just tries that all the time. I use a Belkin router and have tried disconnecting that and...

View more questions Search