Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2008, 08:27 AM
    Mortgage Shopping
    We were preapproved for a mortgage well exceeding what we want to spend on a home. We haven't locked in a rate yet but they are looking competetive. In addition, once we close, we can refinance the mortgage at a better rate with the same company at any point we want with no fees and minimal paperwork.

My question - is it worth the effort to shop for a better rate if we can adjust the current one for free?
    RealEstateMandy Posts: 6, Reputation: 4

Dec 15, 2008, 04:52 PM

Its always better to shop for a better rate. If you are patient and shop around you will save yourself the pain of re-financing later on. Good luck to you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shopping [ 1 Answers ]

When I buy myself something, I feel happy. I feel happy for a period, and then I know everything is okay. But when that item becomes old to me, I become depressed because of my real problems, and I don't know how to help the problems, so I go shopping because it makes me feel better. I feel like I...

36 hours before I close mortgage company refuses to give mortgage? [ 5 Answers ]

I secured a deal for a home with the owner and got a signed contract a month ago. For sale by owner deal. Secured financing at 95%, with 5 % down. Did financing through a broker, and got a locked in deal with countrywide over 3 weeks ago. All is well, appraised for 100K over what I have...

Shopping on your own [ 15 Answers ]

Well, I am 19 years old now and my mum refuse's to buy me new clothes now, and well lets say I'm not one for buying clothes. I find it embarrassing and don't know what to choose. Am I just being silly or is a lot of people like this. Recently I went shopping with my girlfriend and got clothes as...

Shopping around for a mortgage [ 3 Answers ]

If I shopped around for a mortgage will my credit rating be affected?

Shopping carts [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone out there know how to create shopping carts and how to make sure it is secure for credit cards? Is this something that I will have to go to the people that offer the service for credit and debit? I have seen that pay pal offers the ablity to create the shopping carts but is there...

View more questions Search